No-knock raid due to suspected AK-47 in the home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The reason for the raid (search warrant) was cocaine.
    The reason is was executed as a "no knock" was because the threat to officer safety from the suspect's AK.

At this point in my mind it's a tossup as to whether the cops are right or wrong.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well of course it was justified. The government needs to protect us from ourselves don't ya know? Eventually guns should be banned to to protect us from shooting ourselves. The government knows best

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Well, currently theyll do this to you because you have some white powder in your house...i know there more than a few guys on here who keep a bunch of black powder in their houses...what if the cops start going after that powder too? Maybe it shouldnt be any of their business what powders people choose to keep or use.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So, it was a drug raid, but they found less than 1 gram (which means who knows how much or little it actually was)?

Sounds like bull**** to me. I'm sure most here aren't that familiar with cocaine use, but that amount is basically personal use level (like doing this SWAT raid to find one joint or an ATF raid to find a six pack of beer). Now, I don't personally use cocaine and I certainly wouldn't want my family or hypothetical children using it. But I also don't want a bunch of jumped up commando wannabe's storming into their houses without announcing themselves.

Also, please notice that the guy's son was the target of the warrant and the one suspected of being involved in "drug activities", not the guy who owned the rifle.

Sounds like another nice example to put on the mound of other examples of why we need to end the War on Drugs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Um....don't keep cocaine in your house and you won't get ****ed up by the police. They get no support from me.

The title is misleading. It was a DRUG raid. No sympathy here either.

So you are telling us that white powder is even more dangerous than an AK therefore justifying the no-knock? Are you also accepting that the AK is some form of magic death ray which justifies paramilitary horsesh*t?

Please note that the warrant was not based not on solid evidence, but the word of an informant, translated someone who is either throwing someone else under the bus to escape from prosecution after being caught, or habitually feeds others, innocent or guilty, to the lions in exchange for a sort of salutary neglect for their own illegal deeds.

I feel so much safer knowing that there are people who believe that people who may possess a politically incorrect plant product is rightfully denied his constitutional rights. What are you going to do when anyone known ever to have purchased a firearm is considered to deserve such a raid? How about anyone who has posted politically incorrect comments on the internet? The bottom line is that if we allow anyone to be denied their constitutional rights, then anyone can be denied their constitutional rights. That means you, not just those other people.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    there has to be a lot more to this story, they found drugs, they suspected drugs in the home, this might not be completely accurate for a story

I just googled the guy's name and this is what I came up with:

John Quinn was shot by the police, then found innocent

Assuming I didn't get my wires crossed and this isn't magically a completely different John Gerard Quinn who was arrested after a SWAT raid of his house, there is a whole hell of a lot more to this story.

Key portion of that story, which indicates this might have begun with a really really nasty divorce between Quinn and his wife back in 1991.

In March of 2006, Quinn filed a complaint in the Federal Court in the Eastern District of Texas suing DA John Roach, Sr., several individuals in the District Attorney’s Office and the McKinney Police Department (as individuals and in their official capacities). His suit claimed that the county and McKinney denied him his constitutional rights. In his complaint, Quinn wrote, “This case tells a story of deception, immorality, greed, incompetence, and pain that is difficult to believe could actually happen in 21th century America under the watchful eyes of supposedly-well-trained public servants. But it did.”

Five months after Quinn sued the police and DA, the McKinney police smashed his door down, shot him and charged him with 2 counts of assault that could lock him up for life.

This whole thing sounds crazy. It sounds like after the DA aggressively pushed for heavy charges on allegations that couldn't be substantiated, Quinn sued the DA and the police. A few months after that, he was targeted for a drug raid on a no-knock warrant by the SWAT team. He was shot during the raid for supposedly aiming a gun at the intruding SWAT team (who didn't announce themselves). This sounds like government gone horribly wrong, in such a way that could have led to the death of this man.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    The title is misleading. It was a DRUG raid. No sympathy here either.

So it's cool with you for the police to violate the law by executing a no knock raid when their warrant clearly did not authorize it? All because you don't like drugs? Gee, I wonder how you'll feel when somebody decides that they don't like something that you do.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    So it's cool with you for the police to violate the law by executing a no knock raid when their warrant clearly did not authorize it? All because you don't like drugs? Gee, I wonder how you'll feel when somebody decides that they don't like something that you do.

Ya, well, worth some discussion. I do not want to live in a police state. Especially when the police serve the state instead of the people. Who decides? The representatives we have elected, who have forgotten us and are drunk with power, or We the People? Revolution seems inevitable. I would prefer peaceful, but against this massive Leviathon, armed may be the only way.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Yes, I'm against illegal drugs. They ruin lives. If you disagree/do drugs yourself, so be it. That's on YOUR head.

That's completely beside the point. The cops broke the law by performing a no knock entry when thay did not have a warrant to do so. That is what you are clearly endorsing with your comments on this matter. I would rather the police follow the law, even if it meant that they didn't get the chance to nab that nasty less than one gram of coke.

Top Bottom