www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why The AR-15 Is More Than Just A Gun : NPR

I started listening and for the first several minutes, it appeared to be a nice, positive if not balanced piece.

Then She pulled an about face while talking to our "foes". She started talking about how much fun shooting the scary black rifles are, and how enjoyable they are, then switched to some hard core anti gun rhetoric. Even implying we are essentially insecure soldier of fortune wannabes who dont need or deserve an AR.

I left the story with the feeling that we have no rights (she made no effort to mention the 2A), and we only do this for fun. Its a hobby that has no merit beyond sport and fun, and should go the way of lawn darts because the bad things you COULD do with them far outweighs our want (notice I didnt say need) to have our "toys" . :xmad:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I thought it was a different take and not the same old stuff she could have reported.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I mean, at least mention the 2a, our rights, etc in passing. Nope. Its all lawn darts pt 2; Just a bunch of wannabes having fun, so there is no reason not to ban them "for the children".

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    NPR: National Puberty Radio. An adolescent left-wing teenager that was infused with the liberal left-wing Kool-Aid since birth. About as fair and balanced as a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    Why The AR-15 Is More Than Just A Gun : NPR

I started listening and for the first several minutes, it appeared to be a nice, positive if not balanced piece.

Then She pulled an about face while talking to our "foes". She started talking about how much fun shooting the scary black rifles are, and how enjoyable they are, then switched to some hard core anti gun rhetoric. Even implying we are essentially insecure soldier of fortune wannabes who dont need or deserve an AR.

I left the story with the feeling that we have no rights (she made no effort to mention the 2A), and we only do this for fun. Its a hobby that has no merit beyond sport and fun, and should go the way of lawn darts because the bad things you COULD do with them far outweighs our want (notice I didnt say need) to have our "toys" . :xmad:

It's NPR what do you expect?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    NPR: National Puberty Radio. An adolescent left-wing teenager that was infused with the liberal left-wing Kool-Aid since birth. About as fair and balanced as a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic.

Did you come up with that on your own?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I thought it was a different take and not the same old stuff she could have reported.

Stag Arms in the photo!!! :yesway:

But to the story, Since I drive an hour and a half everyday, I listen to more NPR than anyone ever should. After that disclaimer, I didn't find anything overly objectionable. NPR always slants a tad bit left but it was a fairly straight forward piece IMO

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I typically find that people who make comments like that have never actually listened to NPR.....

Agreed.

I really like a lot of programs on NPR. You can also get a good take on how a lot of people see things and you can agree or disagree. I do the same thing when I am listening to Hannity on the radio or watching FOX News.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I listen to NPR pretty much exclusively when I'm in my car. It's the only station where you can hear constant news stories. Yes, it's biased to the Left, but after awhile its pretty clear who are the raging Liberals (i.e., Terri Gross); who are clearly Left, but will usually at least have a differing viewpoint appear on their show alongside the left-leaning guests (i.e., Dianne Reim), who is a Lefty, but reports pretty straight, (i.e, Mara Liason), etc, etc.
    if you're a news junkie, its about the only choice you've got.

Top Bottom