Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't disagree with you, Frank. It's over the top. But, if that's the reason you side with them and against us, you can expect ill will. They're trying to get this ban passed in your name and you guys and gals will be exempted from it. The time is coming when folks are gonna have to choose sides.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I don't disagree with you, Frank. It's over the top. But, if that's the reason you side with them and against us, you can expect ill will. They're trying to get this ban passed in your name and you guys and gals will be exempted from it. The time is coming when folks are gonna have to choose sides.

I didn't say it was making me "side with them." I said it was unnecessary and may turn some otherwise supportive LEOs away.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There should be a law requiring mandatory firearms training for elected officials. Maybe if some of these folks knew one end from the other we might not have quite as many of these stupid laws. But I'm sure I am being optimistic.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't agree with this new proposed legislation, but the last line of the article is completely unnecessary and won't garner many supporters from the LEO ranks.

I agree there is no place in this discussion for such comments. They are, at best, counter-productive. That BS bravado ruins the ariticle for me.

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    I didn't say it was making me "side with them." I said it was unnecessary and may turn some otherwise supportive LEOs away.

Exactly..it's this type of inflammatory BS that doesn't add to any productive communications between legal gun owners and the police. Of course, any communication needs to be addressed to the legislators who come up with this idiocy.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    To make it worse no regard for "dual purpose" ammo such as 308, 30-06, or similar that has much higher Hunter usage that outright going after anything geared for those "Black Rifles from Hell" that everyone seems so determined to outlaw just because they look like their military counterparts.

Depending on language this could be a very slippery slope as I'm sure some proposed "Expert" can make anything above a .22lr shoot through what other "Experts" may consider "armor"...

Very Disturbing...

:twocents:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    WTH?

The government says we need to ban "cop killer" ammo to protect the police

Article says we need cop killer bullets so we can kill cops.

Greeeeaaaat article.....

If SHTF the government is going to use the military anyway...

Have not looked looked yet since last night, but from what I was reading about Egypt right now, the police are either refusing to help the Egyptian president, or they are standing back and just letting things happen.
    It appears according to what I was reading last night, even though the military is massing on the borders, the public believes they will ultimately side with the protesters.
    Hopefully if anything like this ever happens in the US, it goes this way too.
    Military and police have family too.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Nothing specific listed on Pop Vox on this.

Another attempt at TV-Law Making:
    Vests on TV stop everything - except when the storyline dictates otherwise.
    If the maroons propsing this stuff had any inkling what a real vest will really stop ...
    well then we wouldn't have to deal w/ this stupidity ...
    Or poorly ended articles about suchs stupidity that compound the stupidity ...

I'll wait for real legislation to shoot it down, until then this nothing but speculation ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The bill is real and exists. It's been introduced, but the text is not yet available, since it was only put into the system on the 27th.

H.R.2566 - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - To modify the definition of armor piercing ammunition to better capture its capabilities. - Summary | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Wasn't disputing that it isn't real - but I am sick of the speculation game. Arguing against bad legislation w/o any way to know what it says.
    (I do not want to argue that it really doesn't matter; because it is almost all bad. I know that.)

When it gets published there - with text - PopVox will get it and make it easy to give a first response to it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The majority of police killed by firearms in the line of duty are killed with pistols firing lead core FMJ ammo. Of course don't let facts stand in the way of gun grabbing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear, Frank.

Sure, because those who advocate assassinating LEOs are going to be very picky about the criteria they use to select targets. "Has on uniform" will likely top the list.

Stupid bill, stupid article, stupid context. Given that we've had peaceful transfers of power in the US for about two centuries now, voting still works, check and balances is still in place, etc the idea of armed insurrection is probably pretty low on the list of things to prep for.

Top Bottom