• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The states next to them will appreciate it. Just like Illinois likes the fact we do not sell alcohol on Sundays and just like Kentucky sells smokes for $8 a carton less then Indiana does

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Since the taxes levied against cigarettes were basically unopposed, the government has figured out that it can levy taxes on anything it disagrees with, as a means of regulation and possibly termination of the targeted product. It will also profit from the additional tax. This is a blatant infringement of our rights. Imagine how upset the media would be if they levied a tax against the freedom of speech, it's the same difference.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Since the taxes levied against cigarettes were basically unopposed, the government has figured out that it can levy taxes on anything it disagrees with, as a means of regulation and possibly termination of the targeted product. It will also profit from the additional tax. This is a blatant infringement of our rights. Imagine how upset the media would be if they levied a tax against the freedom of speech, it's the same difference.

Well said. The government targets what it does not like with the force of law, whether it is cigarettes or guns or ammunition or conservative groups. This is the stuff that revolts are made of, historically speaking.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This is where you are wrong. The government does not disagree with people smoking cigarettes, they want more people to smoke. On average smokers die younger which means less money to pay out on SSI and why wouldn't the government want to make more on a product than all of the people involved with the growing and selling of it?

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

I might add that the taxing of free speech could possibly be next. The government is already limiting free speech through intimidation.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    This is where you are wrong. The government does not disagree with people smoking cigarettes, they want more people to smoke. On average smokers die younger which means less money to pay out on SSI and why wouldn't the government want to make more on a product than all of the people involved with the growing and selling of it?

I understand your reasoning, but I believe that cigarette sales have fallen and the state governments have been scrambling to find a replacement tax for their diminished revenue. Taxing always has an impact on sales.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    All they have to do is put an extremely high tax on primers. Such a high tax would eliminate ammountion. No ammo and guns become expensive clubs. If I wanted to carry a club, I'd buy a baseball bat

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    All they have to do is put an extremely high tax on primers. Such a high tax would eliminate ammountion. No ammo and guns become expensive clubs. If I wanted to carry a club, I'd buy a baseball bat

I have a couple of those specialized weapons. They make a funny "ping" sound when you hit an adversary in the head. :D

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    OK, this may sound naive, but taxes should pay for what the people want, not what the government thinks it needs. The federal government is way out of control, taking money from those who earn it and giving it to the leeches who have no idea what it means to invest time and sweat to earn the things you want. OK. Rambling a bit. But I think we need to re-institute the paradigm that saved the Pilgrims from extinction -- those who do not work do not eat. Makes it personal. And makes people realize that their actions have consequences.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I understand your reasoning, but I believe that cigarette sales have fallen and the state governments have been scrambling to find a replacement tax for their diminished revenue. Taxing always has an impact on sales.
    It sure does, us that are close to the borders of Kentucky get our smokes across the river :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Liberals may be wrong but this shows they're not stupid (as they're often portrayed and/or act). There's more than one way to skin a cat and they're determined to do some skinnin'

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

That was intended, at least by the "do-gooders". CIg taxes, I think, were meant as a behaviour modification device. Froma tax policy standpoint, tehy do not make revenue sense. Cig taxes are regressive in nature and really only serve to rais the price of smoking.

Its interesting how the Libs continually talk out of obth sides of their mounts!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom