• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    My company ships through USPS daily and it has always sucked to have to park somewhere else and carry mail totes full of packages back and forth. We'll see how long this works out...

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Here's a sample or two for you, CIB.

While this seems like gun-rights "creep," it borders on the reasonable. If the law is going to let gun-nuts like Tab Bonidy to conceal carry - because he needs an psychological extension of one of his body parts, or lives in fear, or is trying to impress someone - then they have to extend that right to the parking lot, even though it's USPS property. The alternative would require Bonidy to leave his precious firearm at home when he knows he's coming to the post office, which is such a HUGE inconvenience. The rational apparently is if he's allowed to carry the firearm with him, leaving it in the car is a suitable alternative when a property forbids firearms, and the gun owner has to store it somewhere safely. Let's hope some enterprising burglar steals Bonidy's gun while he's sending his NRA member check in at the post office and he files suit that his 2nd Amendment rights were violated because he was forced to leave his gun exposed to a crime and not in his possession where he could blown the burglar away under some vague "make my day" law.

The Post Office has the right to post signs on their physical property prohibiting the carrying or display of firearms. If you don't like it call Fedex or UPS and see if they'll ship your letter. Wait a second...a guy in Avon (Beaver Creek, Eagle, Vail area) feels the need to carry a gun? I'm just plain concerned about a guy in Avon getting a carry conceal permit in the first place. What is he trying to protect himself from? Skiers, boarders, or golfers?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Some of you actualy parked on the street before ? Wow. Not bashing you but i wouldnt hae ever thought to go that far. Not carrying inside, ok. But parking on the street, no. If that has been against the law (having it in your car), i didnt know it but honestly who is gonna get into your car to even find a gun? No one is searching my car nor would they have the suspicion to.
    not trying to argue it juat seems like taking things to the extreme. If they wanna theow me in jail (if caught) wit carrying in a damn parking lot then i guess it would be worth a fight. Glad someone stood up all the way and the verdict was on our side.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Post office is Federal property. Indiana's law does not apply. The airport would depend on if it falls under Federal law regarding employees and firearms. Should be OK otherwise.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Post office is Federal property. Indiana's law does not apply. The airport would depend on if it falls under Federal law regarding employees and firearms. Should be OK otherwise.
    I think as long as yoir not parking in a secured area then your ok as an employee to keep it in your car.

individuals can even carry inside the airport but not past the secured areas. If they see it though then im sure they woild ask you to leave since its private property.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Does this ruling apply to anywhere or just in that state? I thought it was a district judge who made the ruling.

I think as long as yoir not parking in a secured area then your ok as an employee to keep it in your car.

individuals can even carry inside the airport but not past the secured areas. If they see it though then im sure they woild ask you to leave since its private property.
    That's my understanding regarding the airport. I carry in the airport when going to pickup someone or send them off but I wear an IWB holster when doing that.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Does this ruling apply to anywhere or just in that state? I thought it was a district judge who made the ruling.

That's my understanding regarding the airport. I carry in the airport when going to pickup someone or send them off but I wear an IWB holster when doing that.
    I've dropped off and/or picked up people at the airport six times in the last two weeks, and open carried each time, including getting food in the (overpriced) food court. Walked past the bomb or drug sniffer and handler and several other security and other employees. Drew no attention that I could tell.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've dropped off and/or picked up people at the airport six times in the last two weeks, and open carried each time, including getting food in the (overpriced) food court. Walked past the bomb or drug sniffer and handler and several other security and other employees. Drew no attention that I could tell.
    Read Indiana code. You can carry in the areas not subject to being screened before you enter. You can walk someone up to the TSA check station, tell them goodbye and walk away, all the while being legal.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

This is true for regular people, but I wasn't sure about employees, and if there were any Federal regulations that governed the parking area where they park, because I'm pretty sure it's a different area than the general public, and you probably have to show ID to be admitted.

Top Bottom