• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well said. It offers much in terms of the transition from a nation of citizens to a nation of sheep.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Very good read. I've been working and self supporting since I was 14, bought my own house bought my own businesses bought my own cars, when did we turn into a bunch of babies clutching onto the government teet? We truly are becoming just like every other country out there, it's frightening and embarrassing. Maybe that's why I watch reruns of "the rifleman" every night...USA needs to find HER balls again.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Regrettably, Yamamoto never said the quote attributed to him. The article refers to that quote as a legend. Yep, it indeed is a legend, and not the truth.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our US Government has been trying for better than 70 years to strengthen the idea of a New World Order that will establish a World Government. Those people wanting this to happen, such as the Clintons, the Bushes and Obama, know this will be nearly impossible until the American Public is totally disarmed.

The Japenese also wanted this NWO 70 years ago, but knew better about attacking us on our home soil. They knew they would be fighting an undefeatable force of Freedom Loving, Liberty Loving and Constitution Loving people and therefore get they butts kicked.

We are the last bastion-of-freedom. The US is alone against a Fascist World and until We the People are disarmed Obama has no chance in heck getting his desire of becoming the first leader of the New Word Government.

God Bless America and all that she stands for. May we stand strong until the day all evil has been conquered and we can rest.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I also want to point out that the article gives too little credit to other nations. The struggle of freedom is universal. The fact that we Americans have gotten further in the struggle by comparison to most nations doesn't mean that they just sat on their hands. Many people made great sacrifices, far greater than what the average INGO poster has done. They did not prevail because of circumstance and the power of the foes they were up against. Questioning their desire for freedom and their willingness to sacrifice for it is historically ignorant and insulting to freedom lovers everywhere.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Regrettably, Yamamoto never said the quote attributed to him. The article refers to that quote as a legend. Yep, it indeed is a legend, and not the truth.

While I think you are right, based on some earleir research, it might be good form to post some sort of link or other citation that folks could look up to prove your assertion. Oheriwse, this is one of those bits of lore that many believe without questioning...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I also want to point out that the article gives too little credit to other nations. The struggle of freedom is universal. The fact that we Americans have gotten further in the struggle by comparison to most nations doesn't mean that they just sat on their hands. Many people made great sacrifices, far greater than what the average INGO poster has done. They did not prevail because of circumstance and the power of the foes they were up against. Questioning their desire for freedom and their willingness to sacrifice for it is historically ignorant and insulting to freedom lovers everywhere.

And your point is? Its an article written for a US audience. It doesn't need to reference every quest for freedom.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    self-reliant citizens with the desire and ability to care for themselves.

Unfortunately this is a dying breed in this country. We now have a dependent minded majority in this country.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Seems like I remember hearing of a volunteer group dedicated to returning us to a nation of Riflemen... ;)

Project Applesomething...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Seems like I remember hearing of a volunteer group dedicated to returning us to a nation of Riflemen... ;)

Project Applesomething...

Apple Pie? Apple Cobbler? Apple Crisp? Appleseeed?

Seriously, I thought this was going to be an article about some anti's going after the Appleseed Project again.... But the article was a good read!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    And your point is? Its an article written for a US audience. It doesn't need to reference every quest for freedom.

His point might be that a surprising number of "uniquely American" virtues (as in the thirst for freedom) didn't just spring forth from the soil. They were brought, with other prized possessions, by our forefathers from all of the places that they came from.

And even US audiences can benefit from a well-rounded world historical view (no, really). I know it's very controversial, but there are many people in other countries that we can learn good things from.

It's funny how many times I see the American public referred to on this forum as "sheep". Yet, so many around here also think that having school kids recite the pledge of allegiance and/or say a prayer actually means something by itself, without also providing a firm foundation of honest, unadulterated, factual education.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    His point might be that a surprising number of "uniquely American" virtues (as in the thirst for freedom) didn't just spring forth from the soil. They were brought, with other prized possessions, by our forefathers from all of the places that they came from.

And even US audiences can benefit from a well-rounded world historical view (no, really). I know it's very controversial, but there are many people in other countries that we can learn good things from.

It's funny how many times I see the American public referred to on this forum as "sheep". Yet, so many around here also think that having school kids recite the pledge of allegiance and/or say a prayer actually means something by itself, without also providing a firm foundation of honest, unadulterated, factual education.

So, you think that in order to be valid and "true", the author must ignore his heritage and US-focus and, instead, acknowledge other, much less successful endeavors first? I'm willing to accept the authors work as it is and more than willing for you to pen your own narrative celebrating liberty elsewhere.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    So, you think that in order to be valid and "true", the author must ignore his heritage and US-focus and, instead, acknowledge other, much less successful endeavors first? I'm willing to accept the authors work as it is and more than willing for you to pen your own narrative celebrating liberty elsewhere.

Well, for one thing, I'm nowhere near qualified (or motivated) to pen anything other than my work reports this morning. I just don't see the need to believe that qualities like individualism are "uniquely American", or that America is the best darn country ever. I always felt cheated by my public school education (who doesn't, huh?) and one of the particular things that aggravates me the most is that kind of excessive, unnecessary, and at times totally made up, misremembering of history.

And your just miffed because that other guy called your author on his made-up quote.

Top Bottom