Illinois thinks it's our fault....AFT thinks it too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Sooooooo remind me again why rifles are under so much legal scrutiny? Seems like the majority of firearms crime in Illinois is 9mm handguns, purchased in Illinois, possessed for 3 years or more, and are either under investigation or were taken for possession, and the vast majority were found in Chicago. Interesting, but I'm not sure what to draw from this.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Buying and selling across state line is illegal. Felons buying guns is illegal. Selling to a known felon, or someone you think might be a felon is illegal.

Solution: Don't prosecute criminals for federal gun crimes, instead punish the law-abiding people.

It sounds very similar to their plan to improve the economy.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Seems to me this report doesn't exactly address the issue of where the criminals who got caught got their guns. The ATF traced serial numbers back to point of purchase. That doesn't address how many times the gun was sold privately, where, or to whom. This also doesn't address whether the weapons were stolen at some point.

There was a study done that asked the Chicago inmates where they got their guns. (Sorry no link, though it was discussed here not long ago.) 18% said Indiana. 9% said Alabama. Well over half said Illinois.

Ultimately Chicago's problems isn't guns, it's criminals.

Remember: If Obama had sons they'd look just like dead thugs in Chicago. And Florida. And...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I'm not always a fan of spell check functions, but sometimes they help a lot. Seriously.

:+1: Seriously.

Illinois thinks it's are falt....AFT thinks it too...

if this is some where here please delete......state of Chicago needs to blame them self's......

Cleaned up:
    Illinois thinks it's our fault, AFT thinks so too...

If this is somewhere here, please delete. The city* of Chicago needs to blame themselves...

Notes:

"are" = present indicative plural and 2nd person singular of be. Example: "I am a gun-owner." --> "She is also a gun-owner." --> "We are gun-owners."
    "our" = a form of the possessive case of "we" used as an attributive adjective. Example: "We must fight for our 2nd Amendment rights."

*Chicago is a city, not a State, that is located within the State of Illinois.

Unless "are" and "our" are both in the software's word list.

In that case, other options are using the Grammar-check function in MSWord, or better yet, using the grammar lessons and proofreading skills we were taught in our elementary & Jr. high school-level English classes! :thumbsup:

39773018.jpg

;) ...and a source of :scratch: :dunno: :scratch: that could be avoided with a quick Spell/Grammar check in MSWord, or perhaps by picking up a copy of this book.

teacher-english-grammar-appreciation-ecards-someecards.png

LOL! :laugh:

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    It sort of seems to me that even IF the premise of the argument in question had validity; being that Illinois citizens ARE crossing the IN/IL border to purchase firearms that are used in crimes in Illinois; then WE are the ones who have reason to complain that Illinois Citizens are coming over into OUR state to commit felonious Firearms crimes in INDIANA-

(• 10 years minimum sentence—18 U.S.C. § 924(g)—for interstate travel to acquire or transfer a firearm to commit crimes.)

There's an awful lot of heavy stones flying around Chicago's glass house up there.

~LT

Top Bottom