• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    The relevant code that I find says nothing of the general access areas of the Indianapolis airport but all the entry doors have signage stating the weapons are not allowed on airport property and violators will be prosecuted. Also has a circle w/ slash over a picture of a knife and gun. Am I missing another relevant code?

IC 35-47-6-1.3Firearm, explosive, or deadly weapon; possession in controlled access areas of an airport*****Sec. 1.3. A person who knowingly or intentionally enters an area of an airport to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property while the person:********(1) possesses:************(A) a firearm;************(B) an explosive; or************(C) any other deadly weapon; or********(2) has access to property that contains:************(A) a firearm;************(B) an explosive; or************(C) any other deadly weapon;commits a Class A misdemeanor.As added by P.L.84-1996, SEC.3.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Those signs have been there since before the state preemption law was passed. I don't know if they are circumventing the law because it says weapons and not guns, but they are clearly (by the picture of the gun) saying no guns allowed.

Top Bottom