• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A man had his TN carry license revoked by a judge. The documented reason was only two words: "YouTube videos."

[video=youtube;CI1lUsZDf5c]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI1lUsZDf5c[/video]

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    What is it he is supposed to have done that was so wrong? The only videos I can find of his are of him speaking on and on and on and he has every right to speak n whatever topic he wants. At least I thought he did.:dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Section 26. That the citizens of this state have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.

Apparently in Tennessee, it is a privilege. (I am assuming ther verb 'wear' means the same thing today as it did in 1796).

Maybe he can bear his gun, just can't "wear it".

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That's crazy. This guy has GOT to have plenty of legal avenues still open to him. After all, if someone's 2A rights can be revoked for posting a video on YouTube, then what's next, targeting people for posting on gun forums like INGO? We could all be next. 30,000 Indiana residents lose their LTCH for being members of INGO. Far fetched, right?? :dunno:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    That's crazy. This guy has GOT to have plenty of legal avenues still open to him. After all, if someone's 2A rights can be revoked for posting a video on YouTube, then what's next, targeting people for posting on gun forums like INGO? We could all be next. 30,000 Indiana residents lose their LTCH for being members of INGO. Far fetched, right?? :dunno:

29,999 I live in MI! :)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Hey, any possibility that this guy is misrepresenting his case? What makes you think that he is telling the truth? About Youtube videos being the reason? About his privileges being revoked at all? This case makes no sense to me. It seems to me like either the guy has a payday coming, or he is lying. He doesn't need to vent on the internet. He needs a lawyer.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Hey, any possibility that this guy is misrepresenting his case? What makes you think that he is telling the truth? About Youtube videos being the reason? About his privileges being revoked at all? This case makes no sense to me. It seems to me like either the guy has a payday coming, or he is lying. He doesn't need to vent on the internet. He needs a lawyer.

This is why I, (and warthog :)) would like to see the videos in question..

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Section 26. That the citizens of this state have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.

Apparently in Tennessee, it is a privilege. (I am assuming the verb 'wear' means the same thing today as it did in 1796).

Maybe he can bear his gun, just can't "wear it".

Yes 'wear' means the same thing then as is does now, but the second "arms" is actually an acronym:

...the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms (Any Ridiculous Mammal Skins :): ) with a view to prevent (fashion) crime.

:laugh: :p :laugh:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I too would like to see exactly what was filed, what videos are at issue, and what the basis for the decision was. There is a lot of detail not present.

Based on a couple of links above, it appears that he was declared "mentally defective" (if that's the proper term under Tennessee law). I would hate to see a guy have rights removed just because he's an off-the-wall type of personality. That would be wrong. I just don't know what the specific allegations were and how he responded to them.

He may not be his own best advocate. If he, indeed, wore the coonskin cap in court as he stated (maybe he was joking about that) then at the very least he was not taking this seriously enough.....judges don't seem to like that.

In any event, there are numerous facts that have not yet come to light.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    29,999 I live in MI! :)

Michigan sucks...where else in the world can you be bankrupted and still want to build a $450 million stadium on the other side of town that nobody lives in?

Nothing personal towards you HandK, but Michigan sucks.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't confuse "Detroit" with "Michigan".

Michigan is a beautiful state with a lot of great people.......and a rat hole over in the east.

Top Bottom