Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Go Idaho!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by armedindy View Post
    can we throw in eliminating supressors from the nfa list, they are a safety item, every bang damages your hearing
    +1
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

User Info Menu

Kirk, I get why you believe these types of laws/resolutions are political theater only and argue against spending time on these at the expense of other concerns; but if a State truly puts their money where their mouth is on this wouldn't it at least have the impact of requiring the Feds to spend a great deal more time, money and resources chasing these prosecutions without any local assistance? Kind of a local version of the "heckler's veto" we often reference? On the other hand it may spur the Feds to apply the jackboot more firmly on the neck of the "provincials". My point is that I'm not certain these laws are completely irrelevant.
    Don't be an asshat.

Pretty much always looking to buy a Colt Combat or Lt.Weight Commander in 38 Super or 9mm

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A Kentucky Resolution here? Unlikely. I would prefer the General Assembly do something productive over empty political gestures.

Something like . . . oh, I don't know . . . abolition of the short barreled shotgun ban, LTCH holders exempt from NICS check, LTCH exempted from school property, making the LTCH easier to procure for out of state residents (free money for the state), LTCH exempts IGS and statehouse bans, firearms training being made an above the line tax deduction, mandate firearms training in schools and before driver's license issued, graduation from high school and before voting, etc, inter alia, ad naseum.

There is too much work to do to screw around with empty political theater nonsense. I am uncertain why the gun culture digs these empty Kentucky Resolutions but we need to focus on getting the field plowed not on Big Rock Candy Mountain.
    Kirk Freeman for Governor.

User Info Menu

Kirk, isn't this beyond the reach of the GA, considering NICS is federal?
    No. The GA simply needs to fund the ISP so they no longer have an excuse.

can we throw in eliminating supressors from the nfa list, they are a safety item, every bang damages your hearing
    The NFA is a federal law.
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

but if a State truly puts their money where their mouth is on this wouldn't it at least have the impact of requiring the Feds to spend a great deal more time, money and resources chasing these prosecutions without any local assistance
    No, federal law enforcement has unlimited time, money and people.

Feckless, grandiose political gestures which are ultimately empty do not move the ball.

Everyone wants to be a kung fu master but no one wants to stand in horse stance for an hour. Everyone wants to be a "gunfighter" but no one wants to get up early in the morning and do reloading drills until your hands are numb.

As Professor Reynolds says, the courts cannot go where the culture has not. We need to change the culture to not just pro-gun, but must-gun. The way to do this is at the state level at first.

Indiana has a supermajority in both chambers and a pro-gun Gov. We need to do far more than be able to be allowed to put pistols in the trunks of cars at school!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Indiana has a supermajority in both chambers and a pro-gun Gov. We need to do far more than be able to be allowed to put pistols in the trunks of cars at school!
    Repeated and with larger print because it is SO true.
    INGOer #18,319

Marksman

User Info Menu

More meaningless election year political theater. About as functional as beating sand.

User Info Menu

Kirk, I beg to disagree. If for nothing else it sends a message to Washington that people are getting fed up. It may take awhile but eventually I hope the politicians in Washington will start to pay attention since how the State Legislature votes so should the State representatives in Washington lest they be out of a job come election time. No vote or legislation is meaningless if it conveys the wishes of the people and not the political machine.

User Info Menu

Idaho legislature passes empty, emotional pablum to mollify gun owners while screwing them over on substantive legislation.

The screwing that this inane legislation represents=>Don?t do it just because it feels good | The View From North Central Idaho

Go Idaho? Go pander some more?

What kind of bears do they have in Idaho? Pander bears.

User Info Menu

Empty gesture or not, it's awesome. I'd love to see Indiana do this, and all the other states.

Two dozen +4 != 26.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast