• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Indeed! It's that pesky 10th Amendment, which 99/100 people don't even know exists that enables this. Far too many states for far too long have allowed their rights and therefore the rights of their citizens to be trampled on by an out-of-control federal government.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Any chance of Indiana doing something like this or am I turning blue over here for nothing?

A Kentucky Resolution here? Unlikely. I would prefer the General Assembly do something productive over empty political gestures.

Something like . . . oh, I don't know . . . abolition of the short barreled shotgun ban, LTCH holders exempt from NICS check, LTCH exempted from school property, making the LTCH easier to procure for out of state residents (free money for the state), LTCH exempts IGS and statehouse bans, firearms training being made an above the line tax deduction, mandate firearms training in schools and before driver's license issued, graduation from high school and before voting, etc, inter alia, ad naseum.

There is too much work to do to screw around with empty political theater nonsense. I am uncertain why the gun culture digs these empty Kentucky Resolutions but we need to focus on getting the field plowed not on Big Rock Candy Mountain.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A Kentucky Resolution here? Unlikely. I would prefer the General Assembly do something productive over empty political gestures.

Something like . . . oh, I don't know . . . abolition of the short barreled shotgun ban, LTCH holders exempt from NICS check, LTCH exempted from school property, making the LTCH easier to procure for out of state residents (free money for the state), LTCH exempts IGS and statehouse bans, firearms training being made an above the line tax deduction, mandate firearms training in schools and before driver's license issued, graduation from high school and before voting, etc, inter alia, ad naseum.

There is too much work to do to screw around with empty political theater nonsense. I am uncertain why the gun culture digs these empty Kentucky Resolutions but we need to focus on getting the field plowed not on Big Rock Candy Mountain.

Kirk, isn't this beyond the reach of the GA, considering NICS is federal?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011

can we throw in eliminating supressors from the nfa list, they are a safety item, every bang damages your hearing

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Kirk, I get why you believe these types of laws/resolutions are political theater only and argue against spending time on these at the expense of other concerns; but if a State truly puts their money where their mouth is on this wouldn't it at least have the impact of requiring the Feds to spend a great deal more time, money and resources chasing these prosecutions without any local assistance? Kind of a local version of the "heckler's veto" we often reference? On the other hand it may spur the Feds to apply the jackboot more firmly on the neck of the "provincials". My point is that I'm not certain these laws are completely irrelevant.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Kirk Freeman for Governor.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but if a State truly puts their money where their mouth is on this wouldn't it at least have the impact of requiring the Feds to spend a great deal more time, money and resources chasing these prosecutions without any local assistance

No, federal law enforcement has unlimited time, money and people.

Feckless, grandiose political gestures which are ultimately empty do not move the ball.

Everyone wants to be a kung fu master but no one wants to stand in horse stance for an hour. Everyone wants to be a "gunfighter" but no one wants to get up early in the morning and do reloading drills until your hands are numb.

As Professor Reynolds says, the courts cannot go where the culture has not. We need to change the culture to not just pro-gun, but must-gun. The way to do this is at the state level at first.

Indiana has a supermajority in both chambers and a pro-gun Gov. We need to do far more than be able to be allowed to put pistols in the trunks of cars at school!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Kirk, I beg to disagree. If for nothing else it sends a message to Washington that people are getting fed up. It may take awhile but eventually I hope the politicians in Washington will start to pay attention since how the State Legislature votes so should the State representatives in Washington lest they be out of a job come election time. No vote or legislation is meaningless if it conveys the wishes of the people and not the political machine.

Top Bottom