• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Upon review of all the parties’ evidence, the court seriously doubts that the banned assault long guns are commonly possessed for lawful purposes, particularly self-defense in the home, which is at the core of the Second Amendment right, and is inclined to find the weapons fall outside Second Amendment protection as dangerous and unusual,”

That's funny, in all the times I have read the second amendment I just cant recall seeing the words "safe" and "common" mentioned as to what arms are protected.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's funny, in all the times I have read the second amendment I just cant recall seeing the words "safe" and "common" mentioned as to what arms are protected.

"particularly self-defense in the home, which is at the core of the Second Amendment right"

Ah, another constitutional scholar, I see.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    the court seriously doubts that the banned assault long guns are commonly possessed for lawful purposes
    Seriously? Not only are millions of these "assault" long guns possessed by millions of people who never use them for unlawful purposes, but it's pretty clear that their contribution to the crime stats totals is inconsequentially minimal. In science, we'd call it statistically insignificant.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Seriously? Not only are millions of these "assault" long guns possessed by millions of people who never use them for unlawful purposes, but it's pretty clear that their contribution to the crime stats totals is inconsequentially minimal. In science, we'd call it statistically insignificant.

Yup. Maybe the judge should have been made aware of the numbers.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Does "shall not be infringed" not mean shall not be infringed?

So, what is the opinion of folks here regarding background check requirements? Requirements for a LTCH in order to carry a handgun? Fingerprinting in order to get a LTCH? Etc etc etc?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Does "shall not be infringed" not mean shall not be infringed?
    'Parently not.

So, what is the opinion of folks here regarding background check requirements? Requirements for a LTCH in order to carry a handgun? Fingerprinting in order to get a LTCH? Etc etc etc?
    Varied. Some still operate under the mistaken notion that it has any effect on criminal use of firearms. I personally say no background checks, no LTCH (therefore no LTCH requirements) and no fingerprinting. You can treat me like a criminal when you've arrested me for a crime. Until then....

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    'Parently not.

Varied. Some still operate under the mistaken notion that it has any effect on criminal use of firearms. I personally say no background checks, no LTCH (therefore no LTCH requirements) and no fingerprinting. You can treat me like a criminal when you've arrested me for a crime. Until then....

AMEN!!!!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    55d6cc9f9e5e0663ce98df8413996fc5_zps9e6e8553.jpg

Top Bottom