• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You have to give them credit. They don't let a little thing like past failures deter them from taking a new swing every session.

Imagine the consersation our side could start if we started making the case to repeal things like GCA, NFA, etc...every-single-year.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I won't give them much credit at all. They want guns banned so they won't get their sorry arses shot by disgruntled constituents.
    Crooks and thieves care not for freedom.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    "The same bill put forward by Reps. King and Thompson was introduced in the previous session of Congress. It had earned 188 co-sponsors and 90% of support from the American public."

BS.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's just same nonsense as before:

The four Republicans and four Democrats who are co-sponsoring the measure are seeking to expand background checks to prevent criminals and people with severe mental illnesses from buying guns during every commercial sale. A loophole in the federal system currently allows people to buy firearms sold online and at gun shows without first passing a background check.

What loophole? You can't commercially buy a gun online or at a gun show without a background check. So, this article is flat out lying about this. It sounds like the legislation is trying to backdoor universal background checks into law, with "exemptions" for family and "hunting partners", whatever that means.

Anyone know where the text of this BS is? I will almost guarantee that the legislation would consider the INGO classifieds as "online commercial transactions".

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You have to give them credit. They don't let a little thing like past failures deter them from taking a new swing every session.

Imagine the consersation our side could start if we started making the case to repeal things like GCA, NFA, etc...every-single-year.

It would be kinda fantastic if we did do such things!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I think it's way past time to close the liberal politician I.Q. loophole. If we keep allowing stupid people to run for public office and voting them in we will destroy the very Republic that our forefathers died for to give us a better world to live in. We are very close to ending up just like the Roman Empire. IMO the people running our Govt. are FAR more dangerous than all of the "terrorists" on the planet.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Every legislative session everywhere has bills introduced that have somewhere between slim to no chance of passage, but are introduced anyway in the name of grandstanding.

This bill is no different.

Gotta give them credit on their messaging though..."Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act of 2015".

Text of the bill here: http://www.guns.com/2015/03/05/thompson-king-expanded-background-checks-on-firearms-purchase-bill/

Conveniently, of the three bill "Titles", none mention "protecting Second Amendment rights"...

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I'm not going to read that article, but I suspect the phrase "common sense" precedes "gun control" several times....unless they've decided to use different wording since that didn't work last time.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm trying to contact this girl and ask her to fact check her own article. Her bio lists her as "Expert in Guns, Small Business, Culture ".

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's just same nonsense as before:

The four Republicans and four Democrats who are co-sponsoring the measure are seeking to expand background checks to prevent criminals and people with severe mental illnesses from buying guns during every commercial sale. A loophole in the federal system currently allows people to buy firearms sold online and at gun shows without first passing a background check.

What loophole? You can't commercially buy a gun online or at a gun show without a background check. So, this article is flat out lying about this. It sounds like the legislation is trying to backdoor universal background checks into law, with "exemptions" for family and "hunting partners", whatever that means.

Anyone know where the text of this BS is? I will almost guarantee that the legislation would consider the INGO classifieds as "online commercial transactions".

No, you can't commercially buy a gun online, at a gun show, or anywhere without a background check and 4473. Except for that niggling little bit called the "interstate commerce clause", as interpreted. Because the gun has traveled in interstate commerce, that is, it or some component of it has been bought or sold across state lines, including possibly iron ore used in making the steel OR because the purchase of a gun made wholly of in-state materials thus prevented a gun from being sold across state lines, it therefore qualifies as valid for Congress to have a say about it. Thus, any sale is "commercial", just not through a licensed seller.

Of course, private transactions have never been so considered, but they don't want to hear that fact, it just confuses the issue.

Oh, and the exemptions are there only to silence our objections, so we theoretically can only fall back on that tired old 2nd Amendment.

I think I can find a rail.... anyone got a bunch of feathers and a few buckets of tar?

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom