• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I got this in response to a letter I sent him. I think it is either comical and/or sad he talks about "most American gun owners register their weapons".

"Thank you for contacting me to voice your concerns about the protection of the Second Amendment. The opinions and concerns of my fellow Hoosiers are essential to the decision making process as a Member of Congress.
    As a former law enforcement officer, I respect the constitutionally guaranteed right of all Americans to bear arms and believe that it should be protected. Most American gun owners register their weapons, follow all necessary safety precautions, and use them only as tools for protection or recreation. However, the United States has an unacceptably high level of gun crime. I believe that strong restrictions must be enacted to protect both the public and the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.
    I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and I hope you will continue to contact my office on future issues. I encourage you to visit my website at http://carson.house.gov where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you, or follow me on Twitter @RepAndreCarson. You may also sign up for my weekly e-newsletter The Carson Courier to receive periodic updates on my activities in Indianapolis and in Washington, D.C. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if we ever can be of further assistance to you.

"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got this in response to a letter I sent him. I think it is either comical and/or sad he talks about "most American gun owners register their weapons".

"Thank you for contacting me to voice your concerns about the protection of the Second Amendment. The opinions and concerns of my fellow Hoosiers are essential to the decision making process as a Member of Congress.
    As a former law enforcement officer, I respect the constitutionally guaranteed right of all Americans to bear arms and believe that it should be protected. Most American gun owners register their weapons, follow all necessary safety precautions, and use them only as tools for protection or recreation. However, the United States has an unacceptably high level of gun crime. I believe that strong restrictions must be enacted to protect both the public and the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.
    I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and I hope you will continue to contact my office on future issues. I encourage you to visit my website at http://carson.house.gov where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you, or follow me on Twitter @RepAndreCarson. You may also sign up for my weekly e-newsletter The Carson Courier to receive periodic updates on my activities in Indianapolis and in Washington, D.C. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if we ever can be of further assistance to you.

"

Talk about some epic double speak. How do you protect a right by enacting laws to restrict said right? Thats like saying "Im going to pass a law to restrict trans fats in order to protect the rights of the public as well as your right to eat what you choose."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

"

LIE

WRONG

It's hard to believe someone with a functional fore brain wrote that self-contradicting statement.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Strong restrictions have worked very well haven't they Mr. Carson. Funny that "strong restrictions" only hurt honest people and protect criminals who don't follow the restrictions to begin with. That is why they are called criminals Mr. Carson.

His grandma would be proud... ugh!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

"

I just sent him a response, and I wasn't very nice .....

we'll see if I get some kind of response .....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I just sent him a response, and I wasn't very nice .....

we'll see if I get some kind of response .....

If a slew of black Blazers appear on your lawn and a bunch of huge guys in black outfits break through your windows and doors, figure Mr. Carson didn't take your response too kindly. :D :D :D :D :D

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Andre Carson has no doubt had several less than cordial messages relating to RKBA including one from me. He's an Obama lap dog who was elected because his grandmother had the political rails greased beyond belief in Indy. As for his LEO experience, he was a state excise officer who may or may not have earned a coveted attendance star. The contact I had at the state advised he was a joke among his peers. My reply called him out about his stance on 2A and his LEO career. Don't expect a response.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Every time I write a letter to my Representatives I get this exact same letter reply from him. It hasn't changed in a long time now. It's just a ridiculous form letter to those dumb enough to add implied sincerity.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Every time I write a letter to my Representatives I get this exact same letter reply from him. It hasn't changed in a long time now. It's just a ridiculous form letter to those dumb enough to add implied sincerity.

If they're going to recycle it, shouldn't they hire a high school English student to write a decent letter? They can still tell the same lies, but that thing is poorly constructed.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    If they're going to recycle it, shouldn't they hire a high school English student to write a decent letter? They can still tell the same lies, but that thing is poorly constructed.

I fully agree but they take for granted those that know no different and don't respect those that do.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Given the high numbers of voting-aged constituents in his district who fall to voting-aged-constituent on voting-aged-constituent gun violence, I'm sure the good birthright congressional representative is sincere in his efforts to enact legislation to preserve his voter base' longevity. Think of the double savings by preserving lives on one side and the voting rights of all those would-be felons on the other.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Strong restrictions have worked very well haven't they Mr. Carson. Funny that "strong restrictions" only hurt honest people and protect criminals who don't follow the restrictions to begin with. That is why they are called criminals Mr. Carson.

His grandma would be proud... ugh!

AMEN!!!!! But not sure Grandma was any smarter.......

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Quite the pair... Rachel Dolezal lies about being black, and Andre Carson lies about everything else. These two sound like a perfect match.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I recommend that we all send him a letter of unappreciation for this. Perhaps if we overwhelm him with some 2a love, he may be at least less likely to give us this double talk crap! Use the link in my signature.

Top Bottom