• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    When did we become such pansies on having our armed forces actually armed! What the heck is wrong with people! Yes, I know that in IN the guardsmen can now carry, and that is great, but we need to address it at the national level too. RRRRR Andre Carson is such a moron!

Letter from Andre follows.

Thank you for contacting my office to express your concern about the safety of military personnel on bases and at recruitment centers. The opinions and concerns of my fellow Hoosiers are essential to the decision making process as a Member of Congress.
    After the tragic murder of our service members in Tennessee, it is appropriate for us to look for ways to better protect our men and women in uniform. Before making a determination to change current policy, I believe we need to have a thorough discussion on whether service members on bases and at recruitment centers should be armed. Commanding officers are responsible for assessing the threats they face and determining how to best protect their personnel. However, it is also important to consider the anxiety that may be caused by armed recruiters who are walking around malls and public places where these centers are located.
    Several governors have made the decision to arm service members at National Guard recruitment centers, which is their right. However, before additional steps are taken to extend this change to other branches of our military, Congress must have a full discussion about its merits and risks.
    I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and I hope you will continue to contact my office on future issues. I encourage you to visit my website at [url]http://carson.house.gov[/URL] where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you, or follow me on Twitter @RepAndreCarson. You may also sign up for my weekly e-newsletter The Carson Courier to receive periodic updates on my activities in Indianapolis and in Washington, D.C. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if we ever can be of assistance to you.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Quick translation:

Thanks for wasting my staff's time with a letter I'll never see and would wipe my a** with if I ever did. The peons in the country's forces are there to serve as cannon fodder. I don't give a rat's a** if they die, that's what they signed up for, so I'm perfectly happy with life and death decisions up to someone who won't be there when they get shot at, it just gives me more examples to cite of how many people guns kill. So much more convenient when they can't shoot back.

I also have no understanding of the difference between a right and a power, such as the governors used in foolishly allowing those under them to be armed. It's OK, though, because the next sneak attack will know about them being armed and attack so that it doesn't matter, and a few governors got some good PR out of it. Rest assured that Congress will prevent too many of them from being able to mount a resistance, though. Have a nice day and Praise Allah.

When did we become such pansies on having our armed forces actually armed! What the heck is wrong with people! Yes, I know that in IN the guardsmen can now carry, and that is great, but we need to address it at the national level too. RRRRR Andre Carson is such a moron!

Thank you for contacting my office to express your concern about the safety of military personnel on bases and at recruitment centers. The opinions and concerns of my fellow Hoosiers are essential to the decision making process as a Member of Congress.
    After the tragic murder of our service members in Tennessee, it is appropriate for us to look for ways to better protect our men and women in uniform. Before making a determination to change current policy, I believe we need to have a thorough discussion on whether service members on bases and at recruitment centers should be armed. Commanding officers are responsible for assessing the threats they face and determining how to best protect their personnel. However, it is also important to consider the anxiety that may be caused by armed recruiters who are walking around malls and public places where these centers are located.
    Several governors have made the decision to arm service members at National Guard recruitment centers, which is their right. However, before additional steps are taken to extend this change to other branches of our military, Congress must have a full discussion about its merits and risks.
    I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and I hope you will continue to contact my office on future issues. I encourage you to visit my website at https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iq...155.7118135&redirect=http://carson.house.gov/Congressman Andre Carson | Representing the 7th District of INDIANA where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you, or follow me on Twitter @RepAndreCarson. You may also sign up for my weekly e-newsletter The Carson Courier to receive periodic updates on my activities in Indianapolis and in Washington, D.C. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if we ever can be of assistance to you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm kind of surprised either he hasn't been told what to think or he didn't just go with his gut on this one. I'm guessing the dems know keeping these guys and gals defenseless is a loser among even their base.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What about the anxiety that armed police officers cause by carrying a weapon in places where recruiting centers are located such as malls and public place?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    However, it is also important to consider the anxiety that may be caused by armed recruiters who are walking around malls and public places where these centers are located.
    Seeing US Marines deprived of their weapons causes me anxiety.
    What am I? Chopped Liver?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The more I learn about Carson and Trump, the less I feel they are the right candidates for championing rights of gun owners. Personally, I think Cruz is much more pro-2A than either of them, and I think he generally has more of the right stuff to be president.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and I hope you will continue to contact my office on future issues. I encourage you to visit my website at Congressman Andre Carson | Representing the 7th District of INDIANA where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you, or follow me on Twitter @RepAndreCarson. You may also sign up for my weekly e-newsletter The Carson Courier to receive periodic updates on my activities in Indianapolis and in Washington, D.C. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if we ever can be of assistance to you.
    What's there to talk about. "Consider the anxiety caused by armed recruiters". Are you kidding? Relax people, they are your friend. These are targeted military personnel so give em their firearms.:dunno:

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What's there to talk about. "Consider the anxiety caused by armed recruiters". Are you kidding? Relax people, they are your friend. These are targeted military personnel so give em their firearms.:dunno:

He has a point; I know a LOT of people that would consider joining the Armed Services but they just can't get past that whole "GUN THING", you know what I mean??:laugh:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Letter from Andre follows...."...Commanding officers are responsible for assessing the threats they face and determining how to best protect their personnel....However...Congress must have a full discussion about its merits and risks..."

So, I'm confused. Is he saying Commanding Officers should be able to determine this?
    Or is he saying, "I fully support the right of Governors to shove GFZ down the Guard's throats, if they wish...so therefore Congress should be able to do the same with non-Guard forces."

I'm guessing probably the latter.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    WHO knows, what that IDIOT is saying ..... I just get tired of sending him e mail, and getting the same old letter ....

Its like he has it in the computer, and the idiots, he has working, just wait a couple of days, and push a button, and here it comes .....

Will SOMEBODY, please run in this district, so we can get rid of him !!!!!

Top Bottom