• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We hear this constantly. Every time the possibility of a new gun law or executive order is uttered... the leftists come out in droves and repeat the tired old line: "Nobody is coming to take your guns."

Just thought I'd create this thread to post examples wherein people are saying that. Feel free to share your examples. I'm breaking one of my own rules by linking to places like Salon, et al... but there are too many links here for me to go through archiving them all.

(Some of these found here: Geeky Leftist: The gun bans and confiscation we're told nobody is talking about ) Also check out a new Subreddit called "No one wants to take your guns"... wherein they post examples of just the opposite: https://www.reddit.com/r/NOWTTYG/

Missouri - An actual ban with confiscation

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms - Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons - The Gateway Pundit

NYT - Of course, the famous front page op-ed last December

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/opinion/end-the-gun-epidemic-in-america.html

HuffPo - Banning Gun sis Necessary but not Sufficient

Banning Guns Is Necessary But Not Sufficient*|*Rabbi Michael Lerner

HuffPo - Shame of Us, America: Take a Stand and Ban Guns Now

Shame on Us, America: Take a Stand and #BanGuns Now*|*Rana Florida

HuffPo - Assault Weapons Ban Is Not Enough

Assault Weapons Ban Is Not Enough*|*Earnest Harris

HuffPo - What If President Obama Simply Issued Executive Orders Toughening Gun Curbs?

What If President Obama Simply Issued Executive Orders Toughening Gun Curbs?*|*Earl Ofari Hutchinson

DailyKos - How to Ban Guns: A step by step, long term process

How to Ban Guns: A step by step, long term process

DailyKos - Which Guns would you ban?

Gun Control Poll: Which arms would you ban?

The New Yorker - Bloomberg: "We’ve got to really question whether military-style weapons with big magazines belong in the streets of America in this day and age"

Mayor Bloomberg Telling It As It Is on Gun Control - The New Yorker

Chicago Tribune - No more silence on gun limits

Congress must pass reasonable gun laws - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Feinstein - "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it." (1995-02-05)

What Assault Weapons Ban? - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Salon - "It's time to ban guns...We should, that is, seek to “control” access to them and their use. But even that’s not going far enough. We should get rid of them, that is, ban them." (12/4/15)

The Second Amendment must go: We ban lawn darts. It?s time to ban guns - Salon.com

CNN, W Kamau Bell - "I want Obama to take away your guns. We could use a President who was, like, "OK. Everybody turn in all your guns...After that, if I catch you with a gun then I'm sending SEAL Team Six to your house..." (1/12/16)

I want Obama to take away your guns - CNN.com

TPM, Josh Marshall - "In other words, yes, we really do want to take your guns. Maybe not all of them. But a lot of them." (10/6/15)"

Thinking Beyond the Moment

HuffPo - "Needed: Domestic Disarmament, Not 'Gun Control'...Above all, domestic disarmament is a true, compelling vision which cannot be said about the small gun control measures that are currently promoted by some of the most enlightened people among us." (12/7/15)

Needed: Domestic Disarmament, Not 'Gun Control'*|*Amitai Etzioni

Georgia - Six Democrats in Georgia’s state House of Representatives unveiled a bill on Jan. 11 that would “require seizure” of “certain weaponry and ammunition” (1/14/16)

Read the Gun ?Seizure? Bill Introduced by Democrats That Will Likely Send a Chill Down the Spines of Georgia Gun Owners | TheBlaze.com

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    By now you should have noticed that the narrative is "semi-automatic" firearms which need to be banned. Sounds really REALLY scary and we just can't have anything scary out there threatening the children.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Democrats on INGO tell me to not worry about it because they can't get this stuff passed.

This whole thing is getting so worn thin.
    That the left leaning folks fail to admit the agenda makes me seriously ill.

Again, I want to thank all of those who voted for this crap. That would be any Liberal......any of them.

That you all do not see this as the lefts agenda is just sad.

Lies and misdirection. I am sick of it.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I hate when liberals make excuses for their policies by saying what they want would never be passed, or "Republicans would block it anyway."
    I am thankful Republicans took the House of Representatives when they did back in 2010, or severe gun and/or magazine restrictions would have been imposed.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love the one about sending SEAL Team Six to my house to take my guns... Any politician thinking SEAL Team Six (or any other entity which truly understands the Constitution) would carry out such a mission is sorely mistaken. What would happen instead... I'll leave that one right there. You either get it or you don't. And I think most of INGO gets it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I love the one about sending SEAL Team Six to my house to take my guns... Any politician thinking SEAL Team Six (or any other entity which truly understands the Constitution) would carry out such a mission is sorely mistaken. What would happen instead... I'll leave that one right there. You either get it or you don't. And I think most of INGO gets it.

:yesway:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Yep, plus the moron who made that profoundly stupid comment obviously never heard of Posse Comitatus Act, signed clear back in 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yep, plus the moron who made that profoundly stupid comment obviously never heard of Posse Comitatus Act, signed clear back in 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes.

True enough, but can we reasonable expect anything different from people who are not capable of understanding the difference between a republic (i.e., limited government) and a democracy (i.e., unlimited government a/k/a tyranny by 51% vote)?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True enough, but can we reasonable expect anything different from people who are not capable of understanding the difference between a republic (i.e., limited government) and a democracy (i.e., unlimited government a/k/a tyranny by 51% vote)?

Remember my friend....we have this due to the low info left leaning :koolaid: drinking voter's. The electorate has put us here.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Conservatives Fudds will be among the first to turn you in should it ever happen. And anyone who believes that military and LE won't carry out such orders is fooling themselves. Yeah, there are a few among those professions who believe strongly about the individual RKBA, but there will be very few of those who will resist such orders thus trashing their careers, and those people will be replaced early on when they don't follow orders. And there are lots more who believe civilians aren't elite enough like they are to be allowed weapons. I don't fear the liberal whackadoodles out there, I fear the Bill Rugers of the world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Conservatives Fudds will be among the first to turn you in should it ever happen. And anyone who believes that military and LE won't carry out such orders is fooling themselves. Yeah, there are a few among those professions who believe strongly about the individual RKBA, but there will be very few of those who will resist such orders thus trashing their careers, and those people will be replaced early on when they don't follow orders. And there are lots more who believe civilians aren't elite enough like they are to be allowed weapons. I don't fear the liberal whackadoodles out there, I fear the Bill Rugers of the world.

Agreed but the whackadoodles have set this in motion.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Remember my friend....we have this due to the low info left leaning :koolaid: drinking voter's. The electorate has put us here.

:yesway:

Absolutely. It amazes me how conservative Fudds are also the worst offenders for considering their willingness to blindly follow laws and persons of real or perceived authority no matter how far they stray from the law (i.e., the Constitution) themselves the gold standard for their personal holiness.

In the end, there will be a certain percentage of military and LE who honor their oath, but on the other hand I am aware of plenty who wouldn't tax my arm too hard to throw rocks and hit them who would do anything to anyone in the name of self-promotion, official or unofficial.

Agreed but the whackadoodles have set this in motion.

I have to disagree. The traitors have actually set it in motion. The whackadoodles are simply the fill material fleshing out the movement, mindlessly pulling levers and signing petitions. People like Bloomberg, Brady, Feinstein, Pelosi, Schumer, and Shannon who apparently doesn't get laid often enough are the real critical mass causing it to happen. All of them are committed to a treasonous cause and all of them are master manipulators of one stripe or other.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Progressivism is a disease that infects liberals, conservatives, libertarians, greens, occupy " ", BLMers...many people of many causes and parties.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Democrats on INGO tell me to not worry about it because they can't get this stuff passed.
    "But officer you can't charge me with a crime. Sure I told everyone that I wanted to kill him, praised other people who killed others with knives. bought a knife, researched the best place to stab him, stalked him for a few days to learn his patterns, spoke with others with similar intent to get advice and direction, meticulously planned and documented how I was going to execute my plan... but I didn't succeed so you should just let me go"

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They just never complete the sentence. D's do this all the time. It's the partial truth without the implied reality.

No on is coming to take your guns...fill in the blank. Today, yet, right now, from my office. The truth is they want to come for your guns NOW and only defer the reality until they can fool enough idiots into following them.

If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance...fill in the blank. Choose from: it will cost you twice as much. until this law passes. if it fits into the new legislation. if I say so.

Or, "I did not have sex with," looks at Monica Crowley sitting in the audience "that woman". Sure, it's a truth of sorts. One he could justify in his own mind enough to pass a lie detector test possibly even. Still, a lie.

Top Bottom