• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have seen several threads discussing the topic, but no reference to a petition. Here is the link to the White House petition. My guess is that the Kenyan will get a good laugh out of it, but then again, reminding him that there is no shortage of 'bitter clingers' can't be a bad thing.

Petition

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why not petition for the removal of DDTC, ITAR, and USML?

I would be all in favor of eliminating any and all laws, 'agreements', 'regulations', executive orders, or agencies involved in kibitzing in our Second Amendment rights and the .gov getting 'shall not be infringed' beaten through its collective thick skull.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I have seen several threads discussing the topic, but no reference to a petition. Here is the link to the White House petition. My guess is that the Kenyan will get a good laugh out of it, but then again, reminding him that there is no shortage of 'bitter clingers' can't be a bad thing.

Petition

Sigh...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Have they worked for any cause?

They are a waste of time and their only purpose is to give people the illusion that they are doing something.

You mean I would have to do something effective like join the NRA and give money to the NRA-ILA to actually be effective?

But what about my rationalization for doing nothing?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You mean I would have to do something effective like join the NRA and give money to the NRA-ILA to actually be effective?

But what about my rationalization for doing nothing?

Who said you have to pick either/or? Why can you not donate to organizations you feel effective in challenging unconstitutional infringements and also take the occasion when available to (figuratively) stick your tongue out at that anti-American little b*stard occupying the White House?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

This statement makes this pretty impotent:

However, fully automatic firearms and ammunition for linked or beltfed firearms will remain under ITAR.

First, excluding 07/02s is way to keep the supply of machineguns and those who work on them artificially low (and prevent more people from getting into it). Second, depending on who you twist that, ammunition for "linked or beltfed firearms" could mean just about anything, since extremely common rounds like .223/5.56 and .308/7.62x51 are both used in machine guns using linked ammunition.

I don't know what so hard about saying, "If you aren't importing or exporting anything, it is completely absurd to require you to register with the State Department and pay ITAR... so we are removing that requirement".

Top Bottom