Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast
    Here's a novel question -

Given the addition and importance of getting Constitutional Carry to through the State House ... and that it is tied to HB 1071 ... which needs to pass the house:

Have you WRITTEN your representatives to urge their full support of the bill as amended? Have you written speaker Bosma about it?

If you want progress on this - lets get it done peoples - ... I'll post my "last" letter - IF a few of you ask so you have a starting point ... and commit to sending letters.

I do not know when this will get to a vote on the house floor. It could be any day;
    I think today they are dealing w/ the road tax / budget stuff but that isn't a guarantee this will not come up.

Do it Tabby ...
    "Brother" Bill - BB3 - Information Analyst, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbill3 View Post
    Here's a novel question -

Given the addition and importance of getting Constitutional Carry to through the State House ... and that it is tied to HB 1071 ... which needs to pass the house:

Have you WRITTEN your representatives to urge their full support of the bill as amended? Have you written speaker Bosma about it?

If you want progress on this - lets get it done peoples - ... I'll post my "last" letter - IF a few of you ask so you have a starting point ... and commit to sending letters.

I do not know when this will get to a vote on the house floor. It could be any day;
    I think today they are dealing w/ the road tax / budget stuff but that isn't a guarantee this will not come up.

Do it Tabby ...
    I did this yesterday with family and friends to again commit their support to the bill as it now stands, family (children, grandchildren) all got this email.

"As you have all previously taken the time to contact your state house representatives making a case for Indiana's HB 1159 in support of Constitutional Carry it's become necessary to reiterate this support yet again as it has taken new shape in the form of HB 1071.

I respectfully request you take the time yet again to voice your opinions, and voting preferences in the various districts you all now reside in. Your responsible and timely involvement in state level politics matters equally to me as your status as heirs apparent."

With Love,
    ~The old man and his money.
    Annoy a liberal -work hard and be happy!

The current system was to remain in place, but for reciprocity purposes and not required for lawful carry. other states have shown minimal loss of revenue. Also, steps were being taken to allow local counties to expand the category of what could be covered by LOIT to include law enforcement safety training. The police departments actually stand a good chance of actually getting more money than they do now.
    Their argument for fiscal reasons holds no water.
    Dormant Marine, NRA Golden Eagle, GOA Life, SAF Life, ISRPA Life & FORMER NAGR Member.

IF HB1071 makes it out of the House with the language of HB1059 attached, even in summer study form, that means that the CC language is alive.
    This means that when it goes over to the Senate, the original HB1059 language can be amended to return to the original language language of HB1059 ...
    It isn't dead ...
    Dormant Marine, NRA Golden Eagle, GOA Life, SAF Life, ISRPA Life & FORMER NAGR Member.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Their argument for fiscal reasons holds no water.
    Nothing motivates a government to fight like a threat to its revenue stream.
    not rhino

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    IF HB1071 makes it out of the House with the language of HB1159 attached, even in summer study form, that means that the CC language is alive.
    This means that when it goes over to the Senate, the original HB1159 language can be amended to return to the original language language of HB1159 ...
    It isn't dead ...
    FIFY - the number for this year's Const. Carry bill was off ... LOL ...

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    HB1071 is on the calendar for 2nd reading for Monday, 2/20, convening at 1330 hrs!!!

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    HB1071 is on the calendar for 2nd reading for Monday, 2/20, convening at 1330 hrs!!!

Thanks for the update - BoR ... OK folks get those letters and calls to your legislators; spread the word ...

Also - note my look as we no longer have a legislature that takes the day off for President's Day. ... hmmm.

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherbill3 View Post
    Thanks for the update - BoR ... OK folks get those letters and calls to your legislators; spread the word ...

Also - note my look as we no longer have a legislature that takes the day off for President's Day. ... hmmm.
    "The affairs of state must take precedence over the affairs of state." --William J. Lepetomane, Governor

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Looks like tbhausen and I will be able to make this one... Who's going?
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land; Snob, Forum Settings

Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast