• brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The committee Meeting we were given heads-up for tomorrow is a go go go
    9 am room 156-C (basement)

ETA: Committee Info: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/committees/public_policy_1600

HB 1071 - Eberhart - https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/house/1071

HB 1162 - Lucas - https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/house/1162

HB 1250 - Goodin - https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/house/1250

I am available and I am planning to attend - who else can make it ? ...

I have written to support 1071 (along w/ 1159) and sent the committee letters on 1071 today.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am available. I've never been there before and obviously never attended such a meeting. Can someone post up some logistical information? I know no guns are allowed, probably nothing like pocket knives, etc. as well. Where can you park? Where do you enter? Where do you go to attend the meeting? What should one expect to accomplish by being present? You know, info for complete noobs. :D

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I am available. I've never been there before and obviously never attended such a meeting. Can someone post up some logistical information? I know no guns are allowed, probably nothing like pocket knives, etc. as well. Where can you park? Where do you enter? Where do you go to attend the meeting? What should one expect to accomplish by being present? You know, info for complete noobs. :D

A few of "US" that I think will be there, have been before.

Main entrances will have a line - security - it will take a few minutes. I think South and East side are public entries.

Correct No "Nothing" - (I'll be walking, I just LOVE walking across downtown with no tools for self-preservation). well a flashlight. woowoo.

Parking several garages are nearby (within a couple of blocks) - figure 2 hrs parking - I dunno on cost (I have a pass for daily use)
    - guess is like $6 to $8 for that time frame - not much more if you stayed all day.

Room is in basement - towards south end of the house IIRC; it is long and narrow. I hear Guy is presenting. I think we want to be visible; supporting 2A Attire, hats, signs - keep signs as noted elsewhere keep them smaller is ("reasonable") so not blocking your compatriots.

Accomplish? you may get to rub elbows and discuss w/ the legislators; if you have a good reason to add for support of a measure, maybe they open the floor to the public (remember the media is there - ... ) but mostly show the legislators people care about 2A bills.

Perhaps other have more insight ...

I first spoke to Mr.Lucas following one of these a few years ago.
    They are obviously busy, on their way to the next meeting, so clear concise thoughts are good.

that's my take. BoR has been there I believe and Guy, Kirk - I think - a few others.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    ANYBODY can testify at these hearings and the more the merrier! Just be sure to get there a little early and sign in. The meetings are in the basement and will be in Room 156-C. People showing up and giving testimony helps more than anything!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I would be there if I were in town. Weekly travel can really be a detriment. I will be with you in spirit.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    There were a few of us there. Thoughts from any that watched it.

And does any one have an AR 40 ... :SMH: ... ? (that's a joke on someone ... but a sad one at that.)

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I'm so glad I was there to find out about those loopholes for buying guns. Really am tired of filling out all that paperwork. Now to take advantage of said loopholes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm glad I went. It was my first time at something like this. Always good to meet other INGOers too.

One thing I got out of the meeting today: If you want constitutional carry, we'd all better be talking it up to our friends and neighbors. Until their is adequate demand placed on the legislators, it ain't going to happen. I was surprised when even allowing women with protective orders to carry a firearm wasn't a slam dunk. The same for letting retired LEOs carry in schools. I would have thought those would take relatively little effort to send on. If we can't find a way to let women in fear of their lives carry and let retired LEOs carry at school, constitutional carry is much further off than I would have thought.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm glad I went. It was my first time at something like this. Always good to meet other INGOers too.

One thing I got out of the meeting today: If you want constitutional carry, we'd all better be talking it up to our friends and neighbors. Until their is adequate demand placed on the legislators, it ain't going to happen. I was surprised when even allowing women with protective orders to carry a firearm wasn't a slam dunk. The same for letting retired LEOs carry in schools. I would have thought those would take relatively little effort to send on. If we can't find a way to let women in fear of their lives carry and let retired LEOs carry at school, constitutional carry is much further off than I would have thought.
    reflective of the poor leadership in the house. I knew this was gonna go this way that's the reason I didn't waste my time. It's evident that this will never happen while bosma is speaker. He thinks our current second amendment rights are adequate and the dictator isn't handing out anymore.

Top Bottom