• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Unpossible. I know from The Learned at INGO that it matters not who wins elections because Republican and Democrat administrations are the same.

Would INGO lie to me?
    Cause if Jeh was still running things he wouldn't be trying to sneak in a ban on certain types of ammo. Oh, wait!!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Unpossible. I know from The Learned at INGO that it matters not who wins elections because Republican and Democrat administrations are the same.

Would INGO lie to me?

Any variance from the theoretical perfect freedom is tyranny. Neither party is willing to offer perfect freedom. Therefore, both are tyranny and there is no difference between them.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Make sure to read the whole White Paper not just what is outline in the TFB article. It's an interesting read and one that for the most part is favorable to the firearms community on numerous points, like the re-importation of of C&R military weapons, reclassifying the "sporting use" provision to allow more firearms to be imported and more. The ATF showing some common sense, who would have thought.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Get with it I say!! Got 2 suppressors waiting now. I'd like to think I can shoot with them this year
    If they do get taken off, I'll be at my class III the day of purchasing a couple more

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Isn't it amazing what changes when an administration comes into office that actualy protects and defends the constitution. Just wait till Jeff Sessions is AG. Lots of people in govt are sweating their balls off right now because some people will be held accountable for their actions and complicity for the last 8 years.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or Raymond Jeh Johnson Jr. Even as I type the younger INGOers are cranking up the Google-Fu and asking, "WHO THE HELL WAS THIS GUY?"
    Yea I remember. "Ya doesn't have ta call me Raymond Jeh Johnson Jr."

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Excellent read. Very excited and I hope to one-day explain to my sons this weird old law that required a long wait and paperwork to get a silencer. (ps. Maxim called it a silencer)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Need to have another several thousand folks submit paperwork so they have to spend another million in overtime money. That just might get them tell Congress pass HPA now!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Before everyone gets all worked up, a white paper is just the official submission an idea from an employee to the organization. It's not policy and it's not the beginning of policy. It's an idea that is the beginning of, well, in government probably rounds of committees, comments, reapplication, who knows what all. I'm only familiar with the concept from the IT standpoint.

That's why at the bottom it reads:

Note:The opinions expressed within this white paper are not those of the ATF; they are merely the ideas and opinions of this writer. They are provided for internal use within ATF and DOJ and not intended to be public.They are also general thoughts that cannot be taken as exacting language regarding policy or quotable specifics.Additional specific details can be provided to further these general discussions. The men and women of ATF are overwhelmingly a fantastic group of hard working civilservants who look to reduce violent crime and ensure public safety. The focus on combating gun violence is key.Fairly regulating the firearms and explosives industries is also important. As the firearms conversations take place over the next few months and years,this paper is offered to provide informal insight on potential productive ways to limit regulationand continue toprotect our Second Amendment freedoms,while focusing on ATF’smission to protect our nation. XRonald Turk

He's a University of Louisville grad, so I'm sure he's a clever fellow. :D

On a side note, he's been in the position of deputy director since 2015, first as acting and then as actual. I would wonder if he's been sitting on this for a bit to see how the election went, or if he sees an opportunity and went for it.

Top Bottom