Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Expert HubertGummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    McCordsville
    Posts
    1,180

    Would Constitutional Carry kill the LTCH?

    Got to thinking today, if Constitutional Carry got passed and then in say 10 years we end up with a Left Wing governor/house and they repeal CC, would our Lifetime LTCH's still be valid?

    In my mind, I would think they would be good for, well, a lifetime but knowing how crooked government can be...

    What says INGO?

  2. #2
    Grandmaster lonehoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NWI
    Posts
    6,405
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

    Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster GodFearinGunTotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mitchell
    Posts
    34,586
    Theoretically, even your LTCH is just a bill and a signature away from being revoked. As I understand it, every CC bill that's been considered the last few years, all kept the LTCH around for reciprocity. All it would take is some not-so-very-imaginative writing in the repeal of CC to cause trouble for your LTCH.

    That would cause trouble for Indiana though. If CC went away and they got slick and rendered your LTCH useless, then that might make any ability to bear arms illegal and a long, uncertain, and drawn out court battle away from being turned on its ear.
    The contrarian's contrarian.

  4. #4
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    Posts
    16,954
    First, I'm not aware of any state ever going backwards. They start either No Issue, May Issue, Shall Issue, or Constitutional carry.The moves have all been rightward, from NI to MI or SI. None has ever moved from CC to SI or MI, nor from SI to MI or NI.

    With that said, the answer to the question is the infamous, "it depends", in this case, on how the bill is written. Given our (State) Constitution as written, I think that such a bill, if signed, would invalidate the protection of the RKBA by the law, but it would then be subject to challenge. However many years and lives later, I think that the bill would be overridden as unConstitutional, but that would not bring back the gun stores, nor the sales, nor the industry, and certainly not the lives lost because those who obey the law did so, while the ones we need to worry about did not.

    I also think that whoever voted for or signed such a bill into law should face their constituencies and accept the responsibility for their actions. A bucket or two of tar, a few feather pillows, and a fence-rail would be needed for each of them, I think.

    and maybe a match.

    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

  5. #5
    Expert brotherbill3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hamilton Co.
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    Theoretically, even your LTCH is just a bill and a signature away from being revoked. As I understand it, every CC bill that's been considered the last few years, all kept the LTCH around for reciprocity. All it would take is some not-so-very-imaginative writing in the repeal of CC to cause trouble for your LTCH.

    That would cause trouble for Indiana though. If CC went away and they got slick and rendered your LTCH useless, then that might make any ability to bear arms illegal and a long, uncertain, and drawn out court battle away from being turned on its ear.
    THIS ^^^

    we all know (I hope / expect) that our freedom is bought with the blood and lives of patriots gone before;

    But there is a price we pay as we owe this freedom, not to ourselves, but to our posterity.
    We are but Stewards, each generation guarding Freedom for the next and their future,
    2 and 3 generations down the line; training them for them to take our place.

    The cost of our role in freedom and liberty, until we join those gone before, is eternal vigilance.
    We guard from Enemies, Foreign and Domestic;
    and from Complacency, Neglect and Ignorance of those who follow us.
    "Brother" Bill - BB3 - Information Analyst, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

  6. #6
    Grandmaster KLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Porter County
    Posts
    9,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    First, I'm not aware of any state ever going backwards. They start either No Issue, May Issue, Shall Issue, or Constitutional carry.The moves have all been rightward, from NI to MI or SI. None has ever moved from CC to SI or MI, nor from SI to MI or NI.

    With that said, the answer to the question is the infamous, "it depends", in this case, on how the bill is written. Given our (State) Constitution as written, I think that such a bill, if signed, would invalidate the protection of the RKBA by the law, but it would then be subject to challenge. However many years and lives later, I think that the bill would be overridden as unConstitutional, but that would not bring back the gun stores, nor the sales, nor the industry, and certainly not the lives lost because those who obey the law did so, while the ones we need to worry about did not.

    I also think that whoever voted for or signed such a bill into law should face their constituencies and accept the responsibility for their actions. A bucket or two of tar, a few feather pillows, and a fence-rail would be needed for each of them, I think.

    and maybe a match.
    I think if this state ever got to that point, it would be the majority of the constituents pushing for it. Hopefully that day never comes.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

  7. #7
    Grandmaster SSGSAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Town of 900 miles
    Posts
    12,167
    AFAIAC, the LTCH, would NOT be effected .....

    Still needed for reciprocity ......

    Guy Relford has talked about this at length

    on his radio show ..... The Gun Guy .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

    Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

    You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

    YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

    YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

  8. #8
    Grandmaster lonehoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NWI
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGSAD View Post
    AFAIAC, the LTCH, would NOT be effected .....

    Still needed for reciprocity ......

    Guy Relford has talked about this at length

    on his radio show ..... The Gun Guy .....
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    The Gun Guy Show | 93.1 WIBC
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

    Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

  9. #9
    Grandmaster Kirk Freeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Posts
    39,327
    First, I'm not aware of any state ever going backwards.
    Ummm,

    The pattern exposes motive

  10. #10
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    Posts
    16,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Ummm,

    California used to be Shall Issue? I know they're May Issue now, and were never Constitutional carry.
    (obviously, "May Issue" means fewer in some counties than others, to them, given that it's the sheriff's decision what you get, if anything.)


       

    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •