• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I have a lifetime carry permit already, but I need to update my address and it doesn't provide an option to select no expiration date. Soooooooo, do I have to purchase a new card and pay 60 bucks or is there another way?

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Call the state police or mail them a correction of address. No need to have the new address on your carry permit. When I did it I mailed them my new address and 10$ and they sent me a new card.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At the risk of sounding like Kirk and his 870, get the card with the new address. There are officers out there that dont understand the law and will potentially ruin your day if they see a discrepancy between the address on your DL and what is on your pink card. I had one threaten to haul me off to jail if the paperwork in his hand came back different than what dispatch told him. :facepalm:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I got a new one recently too. My original permit still had my apt from two moves ago. The new one has the new address and is hard plastic, but unfortunately still pink.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Alright, I got it figured out. I called the ISP and they provided my original application number, I had to create a new password, and it took me to the correct location to update my information. Should be squared away now.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Alright, I got it figured out. I called the ISP and they provided my original application number, I had to create a new password, and it took me to the correct location to update my information. Should be squared away now.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger .....

I went to the Web Site, and I could not figure it out either

I called and talked to a real nice person, and they helped me out .....

I just changed my address, in the computer, and kept the old card .....

Will get the new card, next time .....

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Some states stamp it on the driver's license.Indiana issues a license,and not a permit.I have never read the word permit anywhere on the license.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks for posting this with the link. I had changed my name on my license 10 years ago but never got a new card. My old pink laminated one is pretty tattered so I spent the $20 to get the new plastic card with the correct name on it. I always wondered if it was actually correct since I submitted the name change online and didn't get any sort of verification of the change...nice to see that I came up under the right name. Now I don't need to worry about the name on my license not matching the info on my DL.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    At the risk of sounding like Kirk and his 870, get the card with the new address. There are officers out there that dont understand the law and will potentially ruin your day if they see a discrepancy between the address on your DL and what is on your pink card. I had one threaten to haul me off to jail if the paperwork in his hand came back different than what dispatch told him. :facepalm:

A confused cop is an arresty cop.

It is my opinion, after doing what I do for 22 years, to get the new pink card. $20 is far less money than fighting a B misdemeanor arrest.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.

It is my opinion, after doing what I do for 22 years, to get the new pink card. $20 is far less money than fighting a B misdemeanor arrest.

My address is correct on the card, but I`d like to get the new card and get rid of the laminated one. So, I need to call the ISP and get my original application number, then ask for the new card online?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My address is correct on the card, but I`d like to get the new card and get rid of the laminated one. So, I need to call the ISP and get my original application number, then ask for the new card online?

If you are asking me, I have no clue without calling ISP.

I updated mine at an Indy1500 gun show. Forked over the dough and ISP mailed me a new one.

However you get it done, get it done. People that spend money all the gun culture stuff--guns, ammo, knives, scarves, tats, 5.11 pants, whatever--should spend $20 to ensure that they have a good day instead of a bad day with the police.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

I was able to do it on the site...took me a bit to find it but the link to let me log in with an existing license. I believe this is it. Enter your info with your license number and it should search for you and let you request a duplicate.

https://firearms.ariesportal.com/

Click to Log IN and then select the second option in blue under the boxes that says to register an account for an existing license.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I was able to do it on the site...took me a bit to find it but the link to let me log in with an existing license. I believe this is it. Enter your info with your license number and it should search for you and let you request a duplicate.

https://firearms.ariesportal.com/

Click to Log IN and then select the second option in blue under the boxes that says to register an account for an existing license.

That rocks, thank you, I just got the new card ordered!

Top Bottom