Proposed LaPorte County ban goes down in flames. This is EXACTLY how to do it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I've never been so proud of my fellow gun owners. Tonight's meeting was nothing short of an epic smack down for those who would attempt to diminish our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Several pictures of a packed meeting room and overflow flowing out into the hallwall, not to mention having to open the adjoining room doors because the hallway was filled.

CONGRATULATIONS LAPORTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yesway:

http://13cgunreviews.com/attempted1000-ban-in-laporte-county-dead/

:ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fight back. Show up. Be heard/seen. Keep these people in their place. They work for us not against us. They need to be reminded of this fact. Often.

Yote7mmSlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Unfortunately I don't think we have won this yet. Unless I misunderstood there will be a special meeting for this exact topic and public input days, as well as a special committee set up just for this...I believe this was said pretty early on in the meeting.. correct me if I am wrong here..

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Unfortunately I don't think we have won this yet. Unless I misunderstood there will be a special meeting for this exact topic and public input days, as well as a special committee set up just for this...I believe this was said pretty early on in the meeting.. correct me if I am wrong here..

The ordinance, as written, is a dead issue. What I am hearing now is that it will not be revisited unless they receive "more complaints from the Sheriff." I'm not sure exactly what that means other than the issue will be back eventually.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The ordinance, as written, is a dead issue. What I am hearing now is that it will not be revisited unless they receive "more complaints from the Sheriff." I'm not sure exactly what that means other than the issue will be back eventually.

I'm sure you will keep us informed but I will be following this closely since we are not all that far from your southern border.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Here is a link to the text of the ordinance. Everything we were told about it regarding zoning and any other exception was false. Another interesting thing is everyone was initially told a copy of the ordinance did not actually exist and was not available to view.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...TwKXLlWXckjfjHsI7wOpmXrpnul5Fe1mKJ-1D1NTrcMAC
    ORD1.jpg

ORD2.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Since this includes penalties, they would have to advertise this to pass it legally. Thanks for posting this. I was quite curious as to what it actually said. So this would take away the ability to defend your family, your livestock, hunt, target practice...it even includes air guns.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    One of the repub commissioners is lying if it is to be passed some eventual day by a 2 to 1 vote. Otherwise is both repubs were against then this would be a non issue. Or am I missing something here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    One of the repub commissioners is lying if it is to be passed some eventual day by a 2 to 1 vote. Otherwise is both repubs were against then this would be a non issue. Or am I missing something here.

So you don't think a politician would lie? :popcorn:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010

This is the text of the ordinance that was under consideration. It is supposedly dead... for now.

I don't see this going away ever. It will just be rewritten and reintroduced until whoever wanted it done gets their way.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Since this includes penalties, they would have to advertise this to pass it legally. Thanks for posting this. I was quite curious as to what it actually said. So this would take away the ability to defend your family, your livestock, hunt, target practice...it even includes air guns.

Section 5 does have that exception.

Despite talk of an exception for hunting that was reportedly at the meeting (that I was unable to attend), I don't see that listed either.

Top Bottom