• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Is it constitutional to put any limits on a right that "shall not be infringed"?

Bingo. I could be very tongue-in-cheek and state that many seem to not grasp what "shall not be infringed" means, but the reality of it is, a lot of people I think, are just like themurseman, freedom frightens them...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I do believe there should be countrywide constitutional carry, but it is a little scary. Is it reasonable to remove all limits to carry?

The scary people (i.e. violent criminals and other scofflaws) already carry, despite existing laws. How could constitutional carry be *more* scary?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I do believe there should be countrywide constitutional carry, but it is a little scary. Is it reasonable to remove all limits to carry?

I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery--Thomas Jefferson.

Keep in mind:

Not one "prohibited person" who can't legally possess a firearm (felons, people adjudicated as mentally deficient, those convicted of domestic violence) will be able to possess a firearm after Constitutional Carry is passed.

There are (arguably) 14 States with Constitutional Carry. Blood isn't running the streets of any of these states, unlike Chicago with Draconian gun laws and blood running in the streets.

Lawful carriers of firearms are some of the most law-abiding people on the planet. According to Dr. John Lott police officers are 7 times more likely to commit crime than we are. (Sorry LEOs, John Lott's numbers)

US v Heller 2010: affirmed that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right ("the people" please...). Licensing people: to be free to speak or assemble, petition the government, worship, to not have soldiers quartered without consent of the owner, to not be subject to unreasonable search and seizure, to have due process, to know of what they are accused, to have an attorney, and to not be subject to cruel and unusual punishment seems a bit frightening.

OK, I'm done.

Top Bottom