Rock River and Springfield Armory sold out our neighbors in Illinois.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    "...give Lake and Porter counties in IN to IL."
    We already have too many of those ciowns moving into Lake County.
    Your comments are seriously not funny.

WW
    "give Lake and Porter counties in IN to IL"
    We already have enough of those clowns moving into Lake County.
    Your are seriously not funny.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    In my six years enjoying living in Indiana as a refugee from Illinois one thing I have learned; many other Lake county residents have done the same thing. None of whom, to my knowledge, are liberals. If they were I wouldn't associate with them.

I doubt Lake county will ever turn hard right, but there are enough of us conservatives here to get their attention.

Springfield and Rock River Arms should have left Illinois like Baer did a few years ago. Instead, they are foolishly irritating their customers. The bill still has to go through the Illinois House and may find it rough going.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I read both articles carefully (there is link in the first one that leads to a statement by the CEO of SA) and I agree that what SA and RRA did was really ****ty. The "big box" retailers got an exemption too. They've totally sold out the little guy FFLs in that state. I've crossed the RRA 458 SOCOM upper off my "to buy" list. I will be purchasing from someone else. To hell with RRA and SA.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That doesn't make it right :xmad:

And I'm not going to support companies that do such things. As gun owners we shouldn't be selling each other out.

If it guaranteed them government contracts, the gun companies would cut our throats in a heartbeat.

I for one am not surprised that SA and RR acted in this manner. I expect no help from them, or any other gun company, in protecting our rights.

If you want to help and not just feckless vent on the 'net, join ISRA today and send money!

Illinois State Rifle Association > Home

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If it guaranteed them government contracts, the gun companies would cut our throats in a heartbeat.

I for one am not surprised that SA and RR acted in this manner. I expect no help from them, or any other gun company, in protecting our rights.

If you want to help and not just feckless vent on the 'net, join ISRA today and send money!

Barret comes to mind as one exception, at least in the instance of state gov't contracts (I'm sure you know they told California to pound sand a few years ago).

Regarding the ISRA, I already did, starting a few years ago when I became aware of them and their worthwhile and effective activism.

This sucks. I am a SA fanboy.
    This sucks.

Agreed :(

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Barret comes to mind as one exception, at least in the instance of state gov't contracts (I'm sure you know they told California to pound sand a few years ago).

There are true believers (Les Baer is another and a reason I own more than several of his pistols), but there are tiny compared to those here at NRAAM with the big "death star" display booths. SIG, Ruger, Smith, SA, inter alia would hang us for a Treasury check in a blink of an eye.

I've never understood why Bloomberg does not simply buy gun companies and then close them.

3-D printing guns cannot come fast enough.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    There are true believers (Les Baer is another and a reason I own more than several of his pistols), but there are tiny compared to those here at NRAAM with the big "death star" display booths. SIG, Ruger, Smith, SA, inter alia would hang us for a Treasury check in a blink of an eye.

I've never understood why Bloomberg does not simply buy gun companies and then close them.

3-D printing guns cannot come fast enough.

Agreed on all three points. Good to hear that about Les Baer, I was not aware.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

Colt & Bill Ruger?

Top Bottom