• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hmmm... that's tricky.

He gave a statement at the time the IL senate passed it, which he says he was misinformed about.

I tend to doubt that. He probably liked the carveout. If he asked, "Is this the best we can do?" the response was probably "Yes." Because it was. He was happy with that, until people weren't happy with that.

Kinda like getting caught with his cookie in the hand jar. Or something like that.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Big campaign right now. Gunbroker sent an email all about Springfield armory. Seems my you tube feed has been invaded by the company also. Now this late to the party video. My personal email (personal email sounds very bad but who sends letters now days) went un responded to since the story broke. It cost them a 9mm 1911 sale (but I still love that stainless 1911 range operator). Still have the 923.73 in cash in the safe now for a rainy day.

Seems the backlash is hurting business enough to get them spending to get the name everywhere.

As as to the video it does not change my mind. List what you are doing to get the bill not to become law. Not just state you are doing what you can. What about a Chicago discount for the law. 50k a year to sponsor the Bloody that made the bill. Why now offer 20 percent discount on all sales that state the law as a discount code for the first 50k in discounts.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Boys and Girls.... I don't expect much from a gun company in Illinois, NY, California, New Jersey, Mass, etc.
    They chose long ago to set up shop in these places.
    Ugly is as ugly does.
    They can always move out of Illinois to really let people know what their feelings really are.
    I'm sure Illinois doesn't care though as long as people keep punching the party line tickets. Most don't give a .... who they vote for as long as it's a "D" or "R" they support up and down the board. "My mama and daddy voted for .............." so that's why I vote for the .......... party.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I just about have the cash saved to get a nice new TRP so this hurts me to say, but hell no! I'll get a new Sig or something equally nice in it's stead. I may forgive someday, but I'm known for holding grudges (I still haven't completely forgiven Smith and Wesson for selling us out to Willy the Weasel).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just about have the cash saved to get a nice new TRP so this hurts me to say, but hell no! I'll get a new Sig or something equally nice in it's stead. I may forgive someday, but I'm known for holding grudges (I still haven't completely forgiven Smith and Wesson for selling us out to Willy the Weasel).

Find a sweet low round count used one. Please.
    I will buy a used SA but never a new one. Never ever again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Find a sweet low round count used one. Please.
    I will buy a used SA but never a new one. Never ever again.

That is my plan as well. One of the last rifles on my bucket list is a M1A1, and there is no way in hell I'm getting one from the factory.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Didn't watch the video, don't plan on it, not really concerned what kind of "spin" they put on it at this point. They made this mess they're in, they had plenty of chances to head this off, prevent it all together, or take responsibility VERY early on, they didn't. Anything said this late in the game is nothing more than a suck up to regain customers at the expense of integrity. That's only with this one issue, let alone the other lies they spread to their customer base years ago.

I was done with them a long time ago, this latest incident just reinforces the fact that I'll never deal with them again.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I didn't have any plans to buy anything from Springfield Armory so I think that is why I am disinterested one way or the other.
    But I do LOVE my stainless SA Loaded 1911.
    I traded for it from another INGOer a few years back and it's one of those guns that I will keep forever.
    That being said, I think Angry Rooster makes a valid point.
    They waited months until they could see the results in their bottom line before this apology video.
    If they had done this sooner, well, I think people would have been a little more forgiving.
    But the sellout was so heinous that I am not sure how forgiving people would be even then.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know that this is a different angle to look from, but as much as I like the "our team" appearance, staying solvent as a manufacture has a whole different set of criteria from legislating gun rights.

Before we throw Springfield down the sewer, what has Sig, Glock, and whatever else is currently in the market done for gun legislation? The fault lies with the Gun owners in this country, not the manufacturers. Government estimates are pretty consistent that about 1/3 rd of the citizens are gun owners. Say 80-100 MILLION gun owning citizens. How many are actually in the fight? ?? Maybe a couple 100K. If even 1/2 were in the fight, every single member of congress would wet their britches in fear before they would do anything to upset gun owners. With our current turn out levels, the anti gun congressmen kind of laugh at us. IF WE did our jobs, the manufacturers could concentrate on product, not have to fight our battles for the 2nd Amendment.

I know that the Illinois State Rifle Association is in the fight. I was there when there was a big bill being debated and members of the Illinois State Rifle association (Highpower rifle Competitors) took time off work and waited for days for the chance to testify before the State legislators. There were very few others that showed up for the fight, and most of them did not wait around for a chance to testify.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know that this is a different angle to look from, but as much as I like the "our team" appearance, staying solvent as a manufacture has a whole different set of criteria from legislating gun rights.

Before we throw Springfield down the sewer, what has Sig, Glock, and whatever else is currently in the market done for gun legislation? The fault lies with the Gun owners in this country, not the manufacturers. Government estimates are pretty consistent that about 1/3 rd of the citizens are gun owners. Say 80-100 MILLION gun owning citizens. How many are actually in the fight? ?? Maybe a couple 100K. If even 1/2 were in the fight, every single member of congress would wet their britches in fear before they would do anything to upset gun owners. With our current turn out levels, the anti gun congressmen kind of laugh at us. IF WE did our jobs, the manufacturers could concentrate on product, not have to fight our battles for the 2nd Amendment.

I know that the Illinois State Rifle Association is in the fight. I was there when there was a big bill being debated and members of the Illinois State Rifle association (Highpower rifle Competitors) took time off work and waited for days for the chance to testify before the State legislators. There were very few others that showed up for the fight, and most of them did not wait around for a chance to testify.

Good points. Some more things to consider.

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    I have a hard time not supporting any American arms manufacturer (heck I seem to support all the Eastern Europe ones also). Unfortunately corporations are too focussed on next quarter's results and the bean counters may not understand the soft side of the business. This misstep should help all the manufacturer's make the right decision going forward....at least for a couple quarters. After spending three hours this weekend and deforming a sight pusher installing TFX sights on the XDM, I was cursing SA as well. :):

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Only have one Springfield Armory Inc weapon. And thats a M1A Socom 16, but once my M14 rifle build is done. That rifle will be sold, hard too support a business like this.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I'm in the fight. Magpul left Colorado over their mag law (even after Colorado changed the law to exempt them). I remember talking to the guys from PTR at the Indy NRA convention. They had just left Connecticut over their new gun laws and they were all happy as hell to be living in South Carolina (PTR's buisiness took a hit after, but I think that was plainly a market volume problem and not a relocation problem). I buy stuff online and if a company refuses to sell stuff to cops in a state that disallows that stuff to non-leo citizens, I pay more to buy from them.

I get what you are saying about market necessity and how lazy and uninvolved most gun owners are. We can and should make supporting 2A "It means what it says" a necessity for staying solvent as a gun manufacturer.

I am in the fight. I support people who are in the fight. I try not to support people that I know to act against me and my values.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    OK, just a small thought here....
    We're all in this together for our gun rights.
    This in-fighting and abandoning a business over a bad PR problem (this is what it seems to be) is just a smack in our face. Self induced at that.
    We'd better band together and figure this all out.
    The solidarity needed to solidify our rights is a must. The fighting between ourselves only helps those looking to strip us of our God given Constitutional Rights.
    It's time Springfield Armory and other manufacturers use their leverage via jobs, taxes, that the Govt representatives tout come election time.
    Put the pressure on the representatives in any way possible.
    IF Springfield and other manufacturers wish to show their true feelings then maybe they should follow Magpul and others in standing up to the pukes wanting all the power.

Top Bottom