California is at it again. Complete ban on mags that hold over 10 rounds.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Why not 5 rounds? Why not 2 rounds? Why not ONE round (that's all Barney had and he got along just fine)?

Arbitrary and capricious. No basis in any evidence whatsoever.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Some iof the sheriff's that don't agree are making jokes. "We expect them to be lined up down the street to comply with this new law."

"If we get a gang banger in another crime with an illegal magazine, we will tack that onto the charges, so I guess it ain't all that bad."

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This is certainly far from the last anti 2A outrage the California Dems will foist on their subjects. The only question is at what point do they make it so owning a firearm there is impossible. Like in the other blue anti gun states, I sympathize with the few folks who didn't vote for these clowns and have to live with this crap. Methinks the smart ones leave.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    And the list of "California approved" handguns continues to shrink as well. I hope we get a couple more "good" SCOTUS justices so some of this can be put to bed for a while at some point soon.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw an article where one police station had a turn in box out in the lobby. They had one magazine in it so far.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    kalifornia constantly, much like illinois, shows itself to be anti-gun to the point of being delusional. It`s a shame for those who work and live there. I know it`s easy to say gun owners ought to just move, but it`s not that easy, and besides, gun owners across the country need to cause the Second Amendment, and law-abiding gun owners, to be respected everywhere.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Self serving leadership has to blame crime problems on something other than their own failures, so they pick the easy target.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Self serving leadership has to blame crime problems on something other than their own failures, so they pick the easy target.

I agree with what you`ve said, along with an addendum: There is also a very well concerted effort to both demonize gun ownership, and law-abiding gun owners, and, by whatever means necessary, disarm, or hinder the ownership and ability to carry weapons of law-abiding citizens as much as possible.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm sure all law enforcement agencies (over 500 of them) and the California National Guard will all start getting rid of all their mags that are over 10 rounds ...

Right?

That's tens of thousands of magazines that will now be available to buy in other states for super cheap.

Right?

I trust the legislators in California.If they realized havings mags over 10 rounds was too dangerous I'm sure they didn't exclude law enforcement and military from that bill.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    An AR15 mag for .458 SOCOM that holds 10 rnds could hold 30 rounds of 5.56. If Magpul was really smart, they would sell .458 marked followers. They'd sell a ton I'm sure.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I recall an article, years ago, by Jeff Cooper recommending gun owners living in California big cities buy a lever action .30-.30 to stay compliant with local laws. I would add the SKS rifle as an option.

That said, it's very frustrating to see fellow Americans suddenly turned into criminals, especially while illegal immigrants are given free reign to violate federal law in California. The world is turned upside down.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm sure all law enforcement agencies (over 500 of them) and the California National Guard will all start getting rid of all their mags that are over 10 rounds ...

Right?

That's tens of thousands of magazines that will now be available to buy in other states for super cheap.

Right?

I trust the legislators in California.If they realized havings mags over 10 rounds was too dangerous I'm sure they didn't exclude law enforcement and military from that bill.

LE agencies, officers, and .mil are exempt. Convenient.

Top Bottom