Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    As a resident, ME TOO!!

I was a little bummed when I first moved here from IN but given the forward progress that's been made here I'm actually pretty optimistic. It's nice to see forward progress instead of falling backwards.
    Your opinion on every single little 500+ village having their own "police department"? As a Hoosier that frequents several small towns in Ohio visiting my wife's family - I found it quite odd.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Jet beams can't melt steel fuel.

Lol, sorry, but Ohio gets no props from me for becoming slowly less draconian.
    If I`m there, it AIN`T a gun-free zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    Currently, carrying a firearm into a "gun-free" area in Ohio results in a felony with a penalty of up to 1 year and a $2500 fine. This also ends up killing your voting and firearm rights.

HB233 has just been submitted that would change the law to come much closer to Indiana's setup where carrying a firearm would be treated more like trespassing. Given that Hoosiers have to live with this law while in Ohio, this would be a positive step for us as well.

The bill has 51 co-sponsors, all Republicans. Given the R-vs-D ratios in Ohio's legislature and Kasich's strong 2A record, this looks likely to pass.

Ohio Set to Reform 'Gun Free Zone' Penalties?
    Sounds good to me. When the wife and I go over there to visit our son and family, I really have to watch myself.
    The unarmed man is not only defenseless - he is also contemptible.

Quote Originally Posted by gregr View Post
    If this passes, Ohio will have a better law than Indiana in regards to gun free zones, but they'll still get no props from you?

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregr View Post
    The biggest problem with an all-or-nothing approach is that either option is equally viable. If you demand 100% return of lawful access to your rights or 0% access, it is unlikely you'll get everything you ask for. That only leaves one other option, and leaves you worse off than you started. Take what you can get, celebrate it, and the most important part, stay in the fight until you have everything you started off wanting, and more.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2