Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    The sad - sad - sad - fact is this - the "bumpfire" stock - make the LV incident "Sc-sc-sc-SCARIER" for those with no real knowledge or understanding.

The killer(s?) - took A LOT - of time between reload and had gobs of "unused" time - based when things started - and when the police "finally" got into the room to "force an end".
    I have yet to see a "total round count" (estimates are between 500 and 1K rounds?) - over 10 to 16 minutes ...

It makes me think back to my discussion and video following Sandy Hook where I was told "He couldn't have done this much damage if he didn't have an AR" ... to my test (and video) of me shooting a 5 shot sub nose 38 (which I had never shot before the test video) and getting about 90 shots in the first 5 minutes (and 150 in 10 minutes, including several rounds dropped in the grass) - on target - with no speed loaders and all the ammo just dumped into my cargo pants pockets ...

... and I come to the conclusion that while the stock "made it more frightening"
    ... more damage could probably have been done with standard mags, standard stock, and ... well do I need to finish?

No to this slippery (highly greased) slope of legislature. Just No. It is a dumb, wasteful accessory, not one I want, but NO.
    "Brother" Bill - BB3 - Information Analyst, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

Tired Of Winning
    Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    He just making his move in the game of chess. This has already been discussed as to how it play out by him and his constituents along with NRA and the ATF. Next move now is for the ATF to sit on it for a good while then come back to Congress and state something along the lines of "we have no guidance as to how to re-elvauate". By that time no one will care much about Vegas and it will fade into time with other things eating up air time such as Kim and his pathetic missile program and Kim Kardashian being mugged in Paris over a $4k pair of shoes
    This is correct!

A lot have their panties in a bunch over the Speaker/NRA prematurely.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherbill3 View Post
    The sad - sad - sad - fact is this - the "bumpfire" stock - make the LV incident "Sc-sc-sc-SCARIER" for those with no real knowledge or understanding.

The killer(s?) - took A LOT - of time between reload and had gobs of "unused" time - based when things started - and when the police "finally" got into the room to "force an end".
    I have yet to see a "total round count" (estimates are between 500 and 1K rounds?) - over 10 to 16 minutes ...

It makes me think back to my discussion and video following Sandy Hook where I was told "He couldn't have done this much damage if he didn't have an AR" ... to my test (and video) of me shooting a 5 shot sub nose 38 (which I had never shot before the test video) and getting about 90 shots in the first 5 minutes (and 150 in 10 minutes, including several rounds dropped in the grass) - on target - with no speed loaders and all the ammo just dumped into my cargo pants pockets ...

... and I come to the conclusion that while the stock "made it more frightening"
    ... more damage could probably have been done with standard mags, standard stock, and ... well do I need to finish?

No to this slippery (highly greased) slope of legislature. Just No. It is a dumb, wasteful accessory, not one I want, but NO.
    500 to 1,000 rounds in 10-16 minutes. Tim (MAC) has a torture test video of a pistol where he shoots 1,000 in 12 minutes, from either 15 or 17 round magazines, while complaining of his hand being tired, little bit of BS talking, etc.

Vegas easily could've been done with a couple dozen SKS with the original fixed mags and just switching guns out, we all know that. BUT, this guy shopped at the 'scary gun' store. Red dot sights, bipods, large magazines, scary handguard, barrel shroud thingies, tannerite, bumpstocks. I think I even seen one of those 'shoulder things that go up'

Do we think this bill will get any real traction? Or is just a "feel good" measure to try and appease the sheep?
    Test for Echo

I Care...Really

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post
    Do we think this bill will get any real traction? Or is just a "feel good" measure to try and appease the sheep?
    Regardless.....E-mails snail mail and phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post
    No traction is my guess. Too many other factors involved. Biggest being mid-term elections. Unfortunately for the 9 turncoat R's, well they obviously didn't get the memo and showed their hand. A lot on that list has committed political suicide now. As CM stated, continue to bother your congress critters

Plinker
    Paul Ryan is not bringing any gun control bills to the floor. He's telling the ATF to make a ruling on bumpfire stocks.
    Ryan is a *****. He's doing that to put blame on Trump. All Ryan had to do was say that Obama's ATF had approved bump stocks and he wasn't be bringing any gun control bills to the floor. Instead he tees up the left to go after Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhart89 View Post
    Ryan is a *****. He's doing that to put blame on Trump. All Ryan had to do was say that Obama's ATF had approved bump stocks and he wasn't be bringing any gun control bills to the floor. Instead he tees up the left to go after Trump.
    Blame on Trump? Not his first reason for giving back to ATF. That's just an added benefit for him. And is there any links suggesting that the left is blaming Trump for this?

Blame on Trump? Not his first reason for giving back to ATF. That's just an added benefit for him. And is there any links suggesting that the left is blaming Trump for this?
    I think we will find out his political leaning is left or a convert. So I think the left is doing everything they can to hide the truth while pushing an agenda.
    Be good, do good, make good things happen.

I'm not sure whether it will help or not, but there is a petition being on We the People. Actually, there are two, but the following link has the most signatures at this point. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ot-pass-hr3999

It may not help, but along with contacting Senators Donnelly and Young, it also couldn't hurt!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast