Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Terrible Bill just introduced in the US Congress

Those who fail to remember the past are DOOMED to repeat it.

For those who don't want to click on links :
    It bans any device that increases rate of fire.
    Your 30 round mags increase rate of fire per minute.
    Your lighter competition trigger technically increases rate of fire.
    Having a pistol grip makes it easier to fire quickly. Thus increases rate of fire.
    Using cased ammo instead of a muzzle loader with black powder increases rate of fire.

The ATF would essentially be able to regulate out of existence anything beyond a muzzle loader.

If you had doubts the GOP leadership is in on creating a totalitarian state, this should end them. It'll go slow at first, but 20 years from now you'll be using nothing but pump shotguns and bolt actions. Then black powder for "hunting"
    Also. No grandfather clause.
    Master Where did all our rep go?

Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

That isn't a slippery slope, it's a trap door under a noose.

It does specifically call out "increase the ROF of a semi auto" so presumably whatever it is from the factory is the limit, not quite pushing us back to muzzle loaders.

That being said, even things like sights could be targeted (ha) as better sights allow you to aim faster = faster follow up shots.

So yea, pretty much anything could be argued...

But hey, bump stocks are nothing more than cheating, no one needs them get rid of them! THIS is exactly how we are going to get rid of them, and a lot of other things at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by russc2542 View Post
    It does specifically call out "increase the ROF of a semi auto" so presumably whatever it is from the factory is the limit
    what is the rate of fire of a semi-automatic?

If I exceed that using just my trigger finger, is my finger banned?

horrible, horrible legislation.

-rvb

no bump firing. No gimmicks. Just me. I've got vids of me shooting an AR just as fast, with a GI trigger and no bumpfiring (technique or widgets).
    Last edited by rvb; 1 Week Ago at 14:56.
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Marksman
    One word- primaried. Each person that primaries people who are on this bill will get donations.

Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    what is the rate of fire of a semi-automatic?

If I exceed that using just my trigger finger, is my finger banned?

horrible, horrible legislation.

-rvb
    Exactly. Rate of fire of a semi automatic is impossible to define thus whomever is running the ATF could set whatever definition they like. Insert all your evil black rifles are banned.
    Master Where did all our rep go?

Hello Senator Donally,
    I am NOT in favor of more gun control legislation. Although a tragedy in Las Vegas, we as a country need to start criminalizing the people who do these cowardly acts of evil and quit blaming the equipment used. If you can not support the constitution and my rights as a citizen, I can not in good conscience support you in your office.
    Thank you for your time,
    God Bless!
    Be good, do good, make good things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoro View Post
    Hello Senator Donally,
    I am NOT in favor of more gun control legislation. Although a tragedy in Las Vegas, we as a country need to start criminalizing the people who do these cowardly acts of evil and quit blaming the equipment used. If you can not support the constitution and my rights as a citizen, I can not in good conscience support you in your office.
    Thank you for your time,
    God Bless!

For Pete's sake, SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT!

If you want someone to listen to you, at least give someone that level of courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast