Massachusetts bans Bump Stocks, makes criminals of owners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So according to NPR the Lt. Governor of Massachusetts signed an appropriations bill that included the ban of the devices. Owners of the devices in Massachusetts have 90 days to destroy/discard/etc the devices or they become criminals.

Massachusetts Becomes 1st State To Ban Bump Stocks After Las Vegas Massacre : The Two-Way : NPR

On Facebook the comments under NRP's post linking to the story is interesting. Most there don't see the issue with making people criminals after the fact for buying something legally before the bill was created. One guy even equated it to what happened to Asbestos, lead paint or leaded gasoline. One person pointed out that owing a lead painted asbestos shingled house didn't make you a criminal, and instead those were phased out instead of just being making the owners criminals.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    As I said when passing thru TSA from a business trip in Boston about 10 years ago: The Revolutionaries would weep to see what their descendants had become.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    1) Will the state be contacting all residents to inform them?
    2) Will the state be reimbursing all owners for their loss of value?
    3) Who will enforce this law? I can't imagine what will happen with the first arrest. Seems like this will get escalated and eventually thrown out of court.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1) Will the state be contacting all residents to inform them?
    2) Will the state be reimbursing all owners for their loss of value?
    3) Who will enforce this law? I can't imagine what will happen with the first arrest. Seems like this will get escalated and eventually thrown out of court.

The people that passed it, or wanted it passed, believe merely by making a law, it becomes fact.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ... Most there don't see the issue with making people criminals after the fact for buying something legally before the bill was created...

But they're not. It was not illegal to buy it, nor to own it, until now. Continuing to possess it is what's been criminalized, if I understand correctly.

And yeah, it's still BS.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom