Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I realize there are two previous constitutional carry threads, the latest was about the summer study. However, that study concluded, the committee passed it on for consideration.

Now, the matter at hand - Representative Lucas has officially submitted HB1022 for the 2018 legislative session. I was not able to find it on the website yet, but he has posted it on the book of faces. We need Brian Bosma to bring this to the floor.

Let the discussions and monitoring of HB1022 begin.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We are T minus 31 until we commence OPERATION WRITE BOSMA II at the January 1500. In the meantime, concentrate all fire on the house speaker!! Except when supporting OPERATION WRITE DONNELLY in support of National Reciprocity.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm just glad I'm finished w/ my I've been "swimming - with lead flippers in mud" ... project ... maybe I can get caught up.

Good thread start! (gracias for doing it)

There are some changes to this from prior years - intended to go along with the National Reciprocity stuff from what I was able to gleen from a FB post.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    HB1022_1.jpg

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    For reciprocity sake, there is a 5 year license. Why not just keep the lifetime license and what will happen to those of us who have lifetime licenses?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    For reciprocity sake, there is a 5 year license. Why not just keep the lifetime license and what will happen to those of us who have lifetime licenses?
    We'll need the rest of the bill to know for sure. I'd guess no change in lifetime license since there was nothing mentioned and 5 year is new.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The full text is not available yet. - We gotta keep eyes and ears to the ground on the IGA site, but my guess based on the past 5 yr of working this stuff ... is it will not show there until Jan 3 ...

FOR NOW - from discussion on Mr. Lucas' FB Page / Post of the image (above) of the cover -

My understanding is Lifetime LTCH's remain and remain available - and work as reciprocity licenses - the 4 yr version simply becomes a 5 yr license (no change to costs) - to be compatible with what the recent "FIX-NICS - National Reciprocity" legislation currently shows - thus exempting the holder of one of these from a NICS check for the duration of said license.

As long as Lifetime remains - I'd still go for this. Rather wait 5-10-15 minutes for the occasional NICS; than pay how many hundreds of $'s over the rest of my life. - that is of course assuming the 5 yr No NICS thing remains and the Federal Gov keeps is big butt out of state rules and other infringements ...

Yet another reason to be skeptical of the other bill - but that's a different post.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I thought the good old days were when one could walk into the hardware, plop down some cash, and walk out with a rifle and a few boxes of cartridges for the same (without ever having shown any sort of card).

Oh well... baby steps back in the right direction ;)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I thought the good old days were when one could walk into the hardware, plop down some cash, and walk out with a rifle and a few boxes of cartridges for the same (without ever having shown any sort of card).

Oh well... baby steps back in the right direction ;)

Sort of still that way...just have to wait on NICS, but there's no card required to purchase a firearm with the possible exception of your driver's license or other photo ID proof of who you say you are.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just checking in with the current thread. I'm sensing a lot of optimism (from Jim Lucas, Guy Relford, et al) about this bill actually going forward in 2018.

Top Bottom