Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbill3 View Post
    Haven't read it yet - busy ... insurance (car) stuffs plus work ... - LOL - it is 33 pages when you print it. ugh. "Not TOOO long" ...
    Not too long, by guhbuhment standards.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

I'm going to write each committee member tonight!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goldtrigger View Post
    I'm going to write each committee member tonight!!!!!
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

OK, I've reviewed all 33 pages of HB 1022. One thing to keep in mind is there are a lot of edits to umpteen different Indiana Codes. Also when you get to the IC 35-47 part the crossed out text and bold text indicates the changes. Everything else was there before and will be afterwards.

Adds the alcohol and drug abuser prohibitions that currently disqualify one from having a LTCH. Two alcohol convictions in three years, two drug convictions in five years and it is illegal to carry, but not possess.

Added a lot of language straight from 18 USC 922g (prohibited persons, nearly word for word from 18 USC)

Changes 4 year to 5 year LTCH aligning with the Senate bill and HR 38 which passed the US House.

I see nothing that makes a current/valid lifetime LTCH not applicable as a reciprocity license.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Sheriff Rogers definitely gets it!

Thanks Kelly - I believe your assessment to be same as mine.
    NRA Lifetime Member - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ.

User Info Menu

I see nothing that makes a current/valid lifetime LTCH not applicable as a reciprocity license.
    That's on the receiving team, not the kicking team, to determine.
    Hands up! Don't grope!

User Info Menu

Not bad for a Friday, got 12 letters to Bosma signed by fellow INGOers and a few folks who are no longer strangers.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Not bad for a Friday, got 12 letters to Bosma signed by fellow INGOers and a few folks who are no longer strangers.
    "Brother" Bill - BB3 - Information Analyst, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

User Info Menu

OK heads up - House Public Policy Committee - HB 1424 - competing bill by Smaltz and Wesco - look like it uses much of / most of / all of J.Lucas 1022 - as a basis with some differences ...

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/house/1424

Requirements to carry a handgun without a permit. Repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. Provides that a resident of Indiana who is not otherwise prohibited from carrying or possessing a handgun may carry a handgun without first obtaining or possessing a license to carry a handgun from the state. Makes an appropriation to the state police department in certain instances. Requires a resident who carries a handgun without a license to carry a form of state issued identification. Provides that a resident who carries a handgun without state issued identification commits a Class C infraction. Prohibits certain individuals from knowingly or intentionally carrying a handgun. Creates the crime of "unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor". Provides that a prohibited possessor who knowingly or intentionally carries a handgun commits a Class A misdemeanor. Specifies that the unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor is a Level 6 felony if the person has a prior unrelated conviction for unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor. Specifies that the crime of unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor is a Level 4 felony if the person: (1) is less than 23 years of age; and (2) has an adjudication as a delinquent child for certain acts. Eliminates the licensing fee for a four year handgun license. Eliminates the requirement mandating the submission of fingerprints when applying for a handgun license. Allows a resident of Indiana who wishes to carry a firearm in another state under a reciprocity agreement entered into by Indiana and the other state to obtain an Indiana license to carry a handgun from the superintendent of the state police department. Defines certain terms. Makes conforming amendments.
    "Brother" Bill - BB3 - Information Analyst, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control

User Info Menu

Post Pinner why would there be a requirement to carry physical ID?
    2019 is the year to put GUY Relford on the NRA Board of Directors.
    CIRCULATE PETITIONS

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast