• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As in previous years, I am starting this thread to follow the legislative session itself. I will also be starting a "Legislative Wish List" thread a few moments after this one is posted.

Please confine posts in here to those relevant to actual legislative progress: A bill introduced, scheduled to be heard in committee or on the floor of one of the houses of the legislature, scheduled for voting, or being sent to the Governor's desk.

That's not to stifle discussion, but to keep this thread a place for people to come for the most relevant info to get bills they want to see passed into laws, passed.

Thanks, all!

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Checking after lunch and

SB’s listed to date ( updated 12.28.2017 – last listed: SB 186 ):

SB 020 – Deer Hunting – J.Tomes: (rifle / cartridge rules)
    SB 033 – Houses of Worship and Firearms – J.Sandlin: (Carry in churches when attached to schools)
    SB 111 – Prohibited Equipment on Firearmns – G.Taylor: (lets call this “bumps stock ban” aka “multi-burst trigger)

(no HB's listed ... YET ... )

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Added since this AM

SB 216 - Storage of firearms at public venues. - J.Sandlin (Carry in Public Buildings - seems to expand rights ... )
    SB 237 - Handgun Licensing - R.Bray - (Changes 4 yr to 5 yr license to coincide with Fed Fix NICS; competing w/ ConCarry)

House side has about half of 1000-1099 added but 1022 is not among these. (much to our chagrin).

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Last year's ConCarry Bill made it through the house committee. It was then assigned to a Senate committee. One chaired by Sen.Bray. If Bray's Bill competes with ConCarry, that could be pretty bad for ConCarry.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    Last ConCarry Bill made it through the house committee. It was then assigned to a Senate committee. One chaired by Sen.Bray. If Bray's Bill competes with ConCarry, that could be pretty bad for ConCarry.

From my understanding it doesn’t actually compete. What the license would do is basically waive the NICS check by going from 4-5 years. So it would be like pre-2003. So, you could still get this license and have concarry. As with the lifetime, it works as reciprocity too. ...if I’m understanding all of this...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    From my understanding it doesn’t actually compete. What the license would do is basically waive the NICS check by going from 4-5 years. So it would be like pre-2003. So, you could still get this license and have concarry. As with the lifetime, it works as reciprocity too. ...if I’m understanding all of this...

Yes: complimentary, not competing. HB 1022 changes the 4-year LTCH to a 5-year reciprocity license (and changes the lifetime LTCH to a lifetime reciprocity). So, the senate bill merely dovetails with HB 1022.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Added since this AM

SB 216 - Storage of firearms at public venues. - J.Sandlin (Carry in Public Buildings - seems to expand rights ... )

What's with the language regarding states that have a reciprocity agreement with Indiana about? IN does not have a reciprocity agreement with any state, nor any provision for having one.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Bills are S - L - O - W - L - Y

populating on the IGA site - nothing to report on HB1022 - yet.

I did see Sen R. Bray introduced this
    SB 429 - Regulation of Firearms

DIGEST
    Regulation of firearms. Removes provisions requiring an applicant to pay an application fee when applying for a four year license to carry a handgun. Removes provisions requiring an applicant to submit fingerprints when applying for a four year license to carry a handgun or a lifetime license to carry a handgun. Requires the superintendent of the state police to charge: (1) $75 for a lifetime handgun license for a person who does not currently possess a valid Indiana handgun license; and (2) $60 for a lifetime license for a person who currently possesses a valid Indiana handgun license. Requires use of a person's Social Security number when: (1) applying for; or (2) investigating the eligibility of a person to receive; a license to carry a handgun. Removes provisions pertaining to qualified licenses and unlimited licenses.

So he's cheapening and chipping at the system w/o removing it ... :dunno: :rolleyes: :ugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bills are S - L - O - W - L - Y

populating on the IGA site - nothing to report on HB1022 - yet.

I did see Sen R. Bray introduced this
    SB 429 - Regulation of Firearms

So he's cheapening and chipping at the system w/o removing it ... :dunno: :rolleyes: :ugh:

Why do I have this sinking feeling something like this is what we'll end up with?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Why do I have this sinking feeling something like this is what we'll end up with?

Because you're smarter than the average bear? or perhaps you've ridden the merry-go-round before?

All SB's are in the Judiciary Committee there - which has 37 Bills assigned ... wonder how many they get to by Feb 5 ...
    So really it could be like roulette ...

Top Bottom