• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A: Federal premption of all states, territories, and possessions. gun laws EXCEPT in regards to hunting regulations, Handgun Permits, and criminal acts with a firearm.
    1: Handgun permits should be shall issue, and valid in all all states, territories, and possessions.
    2: If a state chooses not to have Handgun permits then the person should be able to carry in all states, territories, and possessions.

B: The NFA should only cover Machine guns, Firearms with bores over 41MM, and High Explosive devices.
    1: We should hold one more Amnesty registration.
    2: Removal all sporting use language

C: 922R should not apply to Firearms already brought into this country.

D: Deregulation of all Ammunition with regards to material makeup, EXCEPT High Explosives.

E: I should be able to buy a gun from any FFL regardless of state and where I live.

I think that about covers it. Too far? What do you think.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    A: Federal premption of all states, territories, and possessions. gun laws EXCEPT in regards to hunting regulations, Handgun Permits, and criminal acts with a firearm.
    1: Handgun permits should be shall issue, and valid in all all states, territories, and possessions.
    2: If a state chooses not to have Handgun permits then the person should be able to carry in all states, territories, and possessions.

B: The NFA should only cover Machine guns, Firearms with bores over 41MM, and High Explosive devices.

D: Deregulation of all Ammunition with regards to material makeup, EXCEPT High Explosives.

There should be no permit required. Thats what the constitution and bill of rights are

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Where in the text of the Second Amendment is requiring a permit to bear arms mentioned?

My plan...
    Repeal the NICS mandate, offer it for free to private owners, and allow states to decide on dealer transactions
    Repeal 922r
    Repeal import bans
    Repeal GFSZA
    Repeal NFA
    Enact the NDDA (National Destructive Devices Act) to cover ONLY Full Auto (No date limit, same background checks, no stamp) and DD's like grenades, explosives, and mines, & non-black powder big bores
    Enact protections against state and federal gun registries, feature bans, and FOID cards
    Enact nationwide gun youth safety (don't touch, tell adult) courses in all schools by 2nd grade
    Enact legislation requiring strict adherence due process for non-criminal 2A prohibitions
    Enact legislation providing relief from any and all 2A prohibitions and disabilities.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Why 41mm? So my 37mm Bofors anti-tank gun is a title 1, but my Ordnance QF 6 Pounder needs a stamp?

Seems pretty arbitrary (not that the current .50” cut off isn’t).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I don't get this desire to have federal overlords to watch over us and determine what is best for all 50 states all the way in Washington DC. Their job is to regulate interstate trade, trade with other nations, and that should be just about it with gun laws and how different states set theirs up. This might mean NY and CA will do dumb stuff. It also might mean IN might someday enact constitutional carry or open up access to full auto weapons. Federal pre-emption will tend to devolve down to a least offensive level rather than a maximum freedom level. Let's have the goal of shortening the fed's chain, not give them invitation to more power.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

E: I should be able to buy a gun from any FFL regardless of state and where I live.

Is there such a thing as "too far" when it comes to freedom? I would say it's not far enough if you want total freedom.

Same way there should be no exceptions to the first amendment.

"Shall not be infringed" is pretty clear.Any law is infringing upon your constitutional rights.

You should be able to buy a fully-automatic machine gun at Walmart (without them being a FFL), without any background check, licence, registration or tax stamp.
    The store might want to add a "not suitable for children under 18" sticker on it but that's about it.

You should be able to carry a gun anywhere on US soil without a permit/licence.

Why restrict calibers? If you can buy it you should be able to own it.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Is there such a thing as "too far" when it comes to freedom? I would say it's not far enough if you want total freedom.

Anarchy I guess... a teacher told me once, "With anarchy you are completely free to spend all your time and effort defending what you have from those who are free to take it."

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Law abiding citizen can buy any firearm they choose, in person, online, mail order. Those firearm can be carried in all areas where US law applies, with any ammo, magzine, accessory desired. Any individual, corporation, entity that enforces any regulation more restrictive than this shall be held criminally & civilly liable, 10 years in prison, $1 million fine, loss of business license or any certification of said entity. Use of firearm in self defense shall be immune from civil or criminal jeopardy. Criminal use of a firearm will also meet with a 10 year/$1 million fine.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ... Criminal use of a firearm will also meet with a 10 year/$1 million fine.

Why the fine? They are not going to have a million to pay. Or are you willing to let them serve more time in lieu of fine? 1 year equates to, say, $10K? Or perhaps a less Constitutionally problematic $100K (8A)

I‘m thinking 10 yrs for the time, and THEN start serving to satisfy the fine.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Law abiding citizen can buy any firearm they choose, in person, online, mail order. Those firearm can be carried in all areas where US law applies, with any ammo, magzine, accessory desired. Any individual, corporation, entity that enforces any regulation more restrictive than this shall be held criminally & civilly liable, 10 years in prison, $1 million fine, loss of business license or any certification of said entity. Use of firearm in self defense shall be immune from civil or criminal jeopardy. Criminal use of a firearm will also meet with a 10 year/$1 million fine.

I agree with your first two sentences. Although I would include those who have served their sentence for criminal acts with the law abiding. The rest not so much. I don't believe on infringing upon others rights, if a business doesn't want firearms on their property that is their right. You have no right to be on their property or work for them. For the 10 yrs, a guy visiting my town is facing charges. He was at a fast food place and his pistol fell out of his holster while he was sitting down in the bathroom. It discharged. Only person injured was him, should he get 10 yrs/$1 million fine? Also as I believe and so do quite a few others here, a firearm is just a tool. Why punish the misuse of one tool more than another?

Why the fine? They are not going to have a million to pay. Or are you willing to let them serve more time in lieu of fine? 1 year equates to, say, $10K? Or perhaps a less Constitutionally problematic $100K (8A)

As I asked above, why punish the use of one tool more than another?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why more time/fine for use of a firearm. If I beat you to death with a hammer is that better than if I shot you? If I stick up a store with a knife does the clerk feel better than if it was a gun? If I use a bomb to rob a bank is that safe than a gun?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If this has already been posted I'm sorry.

Federal: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

State: The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

Tench Coxe : "Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American.... [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So.....a debtors prison, and punish the less wealthy disproportionately more?

You do see the issue with this, right???

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup.....punish the actual crime for what it is. Murder is murder. Maiming someone is maiming someone.

Your sentence shouldn’t be different if you use a bat, a gun, or yell out a racial slur while committing a felony.

Why more time/fine for use of a firearm. If I beat you to death with a hammer is that better than if I shot you? If I stick up a store with a knife does the clerk feel better than if it was a gun? If I use a bomb to rob a bank is that safe than a gun?

Top Bottom