• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Lest we forget, a bunch of of our county Sheriffs are big-time Fudds when it came down to actual exercise of our rights and cutting off their spigot of $$$ from the licensing process.

For me, Sheriff Myers of Bartholomew County was one of the bad ones. His office's responses to queries regarding their position on Constitutional Carry were BAD.

At first blush, it seems to me that Tami Watson is someone that Bartholomew County INGO'ers should support, but I'm definitely going to verify that she supports Jim Lucas' bill. Either way, Myers needs to be shown the door.

How is everyone else's county primaries looking?

Edit/Update:

Watson's response:

As a firearms instructor I strongly feel that everyone who owns a gun has a responsibility to train himself and be able to use it responsibly and decisively. However I also am very supportive and passionate about our Second Amendment right to bear arms. I don’t feel that a permit should have anything to do with that

I am not opposed to Constitutional carry

Works for me!

Last edited:

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Sadly Hendricks County Sheriff Brett Clark is running unopposed. He is against Constitutional Carry and has hinted in statements that he would like private property rights curtailed to not allow shooting. He was respectful to me on FaceBook but toed the Sheriffs Association stance against our rights. He then proceeded to get rude with another member her on the phone thinking it was me now calling him.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Tami Watson testified in favor of several of the 2A/Art.1.Sec.32 bills, and is the primary spot/trainer where Jim Lucas provides free training to women.

Definitely a candidate to support. Not sure who all is on the ballots across the state.

Good thread!!!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sadly Hendricks County Sheriff Brett Clark is running unopposed. He is against Constitutional Carry and has hinted in statements that he would like private property rights curtailed to not allow shooting. He was respectful to me on FaceBook but toed the Sheriffs Association stance against our rights. He then proceeded to get rude with another member her on the phone thinking it was me now calling him.
    I haven't forgotten what side of the issue he was on either. Too late to get the Pittsboro Town Marshall or the Amo Constable to run?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure if the Lawrence County sheriff is up this year or not but I think he's ok with CC...just as long as it doesn't diminish his training fund.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Then he needs to go. I am surprised to hear this.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm not sure if the Lawrence County sheriff is up this year or not but I think he's ok with CC...just as long as it doesn't diminish his training fund.

wait till 2019 - oops what training fund? ...

I Think the deadline for getting on the Primary Ballots was Friday (Feb 9) ... look up in on Secretary of State page ...
    ( https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2395.htm )

:cough: might know someone who for 2 second thought / didn't think about running against dear mr. speaker :cough:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    TIPPECANOE COUNTY

I received this response to my inquiry as to Constitutional Carry from Jason Dombkowski, candidate for Sheriff, Tippecanoe County:

Thanks for your work on the Rifle and Pistol Assoc, Kirk. As Chief of Police and as a Life Member of the NRA, I consider it an honor to sign handgun permits nearly everyday after a proper background check is done.

On occasion, background checks have
    resulted in the reccomendation of denial of a carry permit based on mental health issues, substance abuse issues, domestic violence convictions or felony convictions. Over 7,000 people were denied permits to carry last year in our state for these reasons after background checks were done.

As President of the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, I have worked with The Indiana Sheriff's Association, the FOP and the State Police Superintendent to provide information on this topic. I am not necessarliy for carry permits, but I am certainly for background checks to carry a handgun in public. I like that fees were dropped in the version of the bill still at the legislature.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    TIPPECANOE COUNTY

I received this response to my inquiry as to Constitutional Carry from Jason Dombkowski, candidate for Sheriff, Tippecanoe County:

Thanks for your work on the Rifle and Pistol Assoc, Kirk. As Chief of Police and as a Life Member of the NRA, I consider it an honor to sign handgun permits nearly everyday after a proper background check is done.

On occasion, background checks have
    resulted in the reccomendation of denial of a carry permit based on mental health issues, substance abuse issues, domestic violence convictions or felony convictions. Over 7,000 people were denied permits to carry last year in our state for these reasons after background checks were done.

As President of the Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, I have worked with The Indiana Sheriff's Association, the FOP and the State Police Superintendent to provide information on this topic. I am not necessarliy for carry permits, but I am certainly for background checks to carry a handgun in public. I like that fees were dropped in the version of the bill still at the legislature.
    So we just need all the criminals to apply for a LTCH and get rejected. That way they won't carry a handgun in public and that will stop them from being criminals. Is that what you're sayin, Jason??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So we just need all the criminals to apply for a LTCH and get rejected. That way they won't carry a handgun in public and that will stop them from being criminals. Is that what you're sayin, Jason??

That is the way I read it. Dumb. Just dumb but the sheeple feel safer about this.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

The background check myth is a strong one for us to overcome. You and I know that it is feckless, the general public, not so much.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even dumber, considering IIRC, Guy testified that many of those denials were due to paperwork glitches and ended up being reversed.

With the exception of one (pre-Lautenberg battery, issue of whether cohabitation was transpiring), every appeal that I have had in 23 years has been successful.

Most common denials:

1. Forgetting minor misdemeanor. E.g., left off Minor in Tavern in application from 1992.

2. OWI with prior, arrested as felony, but conviction went in as misdemeanor. Unclear criminal record.

3. Divorce or Service related (PTSD and TBI most common) counseling that applicant overstates as "mental/emotion issues".

Lt. Wood of the Indiana State Police has been very understanding and working to ensure that the denials are correct, not just record/application errors.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Sure would be nice to have a scorecard/check list (yes-no) somewhere to review to see where your local Sheriff stands on Const-Carry, target shooting on private property, church security, etc.

It would help provide sunshine on so called (R) Sheriffs like mentioned above.

I bet it would be very interesting.

A simple check list. A flyer from the 'Indiana Gun Owners Association' 501c3. A non-profit supporting and promoting 2A issues for Indiana. (Just thinking out loud).

:ingo:

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    ATM has the right idea: Re-frame the argument. Ask then why they support an unconstitutional prohibition on handgun carry, a denial of our 2A rights. We already have permitless carry of long guns for cryin’ out loud.

Doesn’t the Thomas Pinner v. State of Indiana decision mean anything???

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sure would be nice to have a scorecard/check list (yes-no) somewhere to review to see where your local Sheriff stands on Const-Carry, target shooting on private property, church security, etc.

It would help provide sunshine on so called (R) Sheriffs like mentioned above.

I bet it would be very interesting.

A simple check list. A flyer from the 'Indiana Gun Owners Association' 501c3. A non-profit supporting and promoting 2A issues for Indiana. (Just thinking out loud).

:ingo:

This!

Our state NRA type lobbying organization should be sending us regular e-mails and txt's updating us on our localities. Sheriffs, legislators, judges...

Top Bottom