Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Good news for Illinois

More freedom behind the iron curtain.

Illinois Supreme Court Rules ban on Guns within 1000 feet of Parks Unconstitutional

Illinois Supreme Court Rules ban on Guns within 1000 feet of Parks Unconstitutional

The Supreme Court of the State of Illinois has ruled that a state ban on carrying guns within a 1,000 feet of a park is obviously unconstitutional. It is unconstitutional because it "directly implicates the core right of self-defense".
    2019 is the year to put GUY Relford on the NRA Board of Directors.
    CIRCULATE PETITIONS

User Info Menu

Sure, you can defend yourself in Illinois.*

*Certain restrictions apply. Self defense may not be legal in all areas. Self defense is limited only to certain hours, and pre-approved self defense zones. Defending yourself outside of these hours or approved areas will result in criminal charges, not limited to; Criminal negligence, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, and murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

I was expecting a story about a HUGE earthquake that I must have slept through last night that caused Chicago to be completely swallowed up by Lake Michigan leaving nothing more than a slime ring on the shoreline.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    I was expecting a story about a HUGE earthquake that I must have slept through last night that caused Chicago to be completely swallowed up by Lake Michigan leaving nothing more than a slime ring on the shoreline.
    That thread title would be, "Great News for the United States."
    INGOer #25,448

Marksman

User Info Menu

Haha, I think maybe "great new for the planet earth" perhaps? All kidding aside, i will say its nice to look across the lake and see the skyline. I appreciate the broadcast channels emanating from there. However, if it did fall into the lake, im sure i would get over it.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Bad day for liberals, good day for liberty.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    You, sir, are a master. That post made my day!