Colt AR15 lower Possible legal issue: Milling for clearance binary trigger..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Ok, so someone asked me about milling the extra material colt leaves in their lowers to prevent auto sear installation. Some how that extra “bridge” is causing a clearance issue for the new binary triggers. Now if I mill just that Bridge out to match other standard lower receivers, could that possibly still be considered intent to modify?? Seemed like a real grey area for me, because it would be no different than anything you buy today but if some form of law enforcement was having a bad day and saw the milling marks. Could he slap you with intent to manufacture a machine gun? Something I wouldn’t want to try and argue at the range. So needless to say I’m not very willing to do that milling work for someone... Me personally I would buy another lower than trash an original colt. :dunno: Found a picture on the internet of that said “bridge” idk what it’s really called but that’s what im naming it.

0FC492BE-063D-40FB-BD78-B37B02CF39C5.jpeg

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Since extra material in colt lowers is not mandated by law, then it would be lawful to remove it. No different than the retarded auto sear blocks in many ban era colts. Jmoh

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Mill out area to put in a Semi Auto trigger, = ok
    Mill out area to put an auto sear or 3 round burst cam = not ok

Basically as long as you dont mill out any more then a normal semi auto lower or drill the third hole, your good.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A machinegun smith friend explained to me why he calls all his semi-autos boys and all his (AR15s) full-autos girls.
    Because all his girls have three holes. :n00b:

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Haha... wait i better not laugh at that with any females around that can read this. Uh, save that kind of humor for the bar drinking with yer buddys, buddy. Yeah thats a better way to respond to that comment.... hehe. darnit

Top Bottom