• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Lease terms generally control. Is the management company trying to impose some sort of new rule?
    Well I had a Weird and random run in at the mail box. I got out of my car to get the mail and my gun got Expose out of my sweatshirt as I was getting out. I walked up to the mail box and a guy who said you must Conceal only here, I work for the office. (Never seen him before) of course I did not take lightly to the fact of someone telling how to handle my firearm I just said no and walked off confused and caught off guard by this guy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Could “the office” be code for some governmental agency we aren’t aware of yet?
    Like “the company”?

:dunno:

Cause that would be really cool.

I think you answered him appropriately.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    What others have said about landlord/tenant law is generally correct. The lease agreement usually controls. Since you use the term office - I assume we are talking about an apartment complex. If so - they might try to use some clause in the contract regarding "scaring the neighbors".
    My advice (I'm just a small town landlord): Don't rub it in their face, don't go all crazy about it, just quietly go about your business. If asked again, politely ask where that is in your lease agreement? As in "hmmm. I didn't see that in my lease agreement, and I took a look. Could you find it and point it out to me, please?". Be aware that some folks are going to go all "Respect my authoritah" on you.

It also sounds like you don't normally OC. Problems should be minimal.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Just cause I had some time to kill.
    And free WiFi.

There are several federal agencies with Office in their title. GAO etc.

The most ominous one I found was The Office of Compliance.
    Cool seal and everything https://www.compliance.gov/

unfortunately, relatively benign unless you’re concerned with workplace rights within congressional offices.

We can always hope it’s just a cover group for something more sinister. :rolleyes:

But you’ve gotten really good advice above.

Top Bottom