• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Found this a couple days ago on FB and figured you guys would appreciate. He nails it.

“How many kids have been killed by school fire in all of North America in the past 50 years? Kids killed... school fire... North America... 50 years... How many? Zero. That’s right. Not one single kid has been killed by school fire anywhere in North America in the past half a century.
    Now, how many kids have been killed by school violence?”
    Standing on the stage of a high school auditorium, Grossman walked to the side nearest a wall as he addressed the crowd.
    "Look up at the ceiling! See all those sprinklers up there? They’re hard to spot — they’re painted black — but they’re there. While you’re looking, look at the material the ceiling is made of. You know that that stuff was selected because it’s fire-retardant. Now look over there above the door — you see that fire exit sign? That’s not just any fire exit sign — that’s a ‘battery-backup-when-the-world-ends-it-will-still-be-lit’ fire exit sign.
    He walked to the other side, nearby a fire exit and exterior wall, Grossman slammed the palm of his hand against the wall and exclaimed, “Look at these wall boards! They were chosen because they’re what, fireproof or fire retardant? There is not one stinking thing in this room that will burn!”
    Pointing around the room as he spoke, Grossman continued, “But you’ve still got those fire sprinklers, those fire exit signs, fire hydrants outside, and fire trucks nearby! Are these fire guys crazy? Are these fire guys paranoid? No! This fire guy is our A+ student! Because this fire guy has redundant, overlapping layers of protection, not a single kid has been killed by school fire in the last 50 years!"
    “But you try to prepare for violence — the thing much more likely to kill our kids in schools, the thing hundreds of times more likely to kill our kids in schools, and people think you’re paranoid. They think you’re crazy. They’re in denial.”
    I want you to stop for a moment and think about how much ****ing money is spent on ways to put fires out and stop them from spreading. How much time is spent on training what to do if a fire burns and spreads? Now how much money and time is spent on stopping violence?
    Very little because it makes YOU UNCOMFORTABLE.
    The idea of trained staff and security with firearms in your children's schools shocks you. Well... reality check. The image of your child in a casket due to a murderer in school with a gun will be infinitely more shocking I guarantee you.
    Passing laws restricting firearms would have the same effect as passing laws against fire. If changes in firearm laws are your answer as to how we can save children's lives, you are naive, uninformed about human conflict, and frankly have nothing better to f***ing offer. You are grasping at straws in the darkness of ignorance. I do not hold it against you. Anyone asked to solve a problem they are not equipped to solve will make an effort to do so if they believe it to be necessary.
    ACCEPT that evil walks the earth and you or your children may one day see it.
    LEARN about how the human reacts in moments of danger and peril.
    DEVELOP SKILLS to stay alive whatever they may be.
    SHARE the mindset, knowledge and skills with your children and loved ones.
    WATER puts out FIRE.
    GUNS stop GUNS.
    You all keep p***ing in the wind and wringing your hands.
    - Lt Col David Grossman

(emphasis added for my favorite part)

Last edited:

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    That is awesome. Now i need to find a way to have my stupid printer actually recognize my computer and print this out. I think i will be sticking copies of this in the backpacks of my nephews who go to school. And keep some copies in my vehicles. Thank you sir for posting this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He is a great speaker I think too. Have you read many of his books CM?

I have not. But I have watched an abbreviated version of his Bulletproof Mind presentation, and several other things on youtube. He is awesome. Cut from the same cloth as Chesty Puller and Jim Mattis IMHO.

My newly formed Church Safety Team starts a group watch of a sheepdog DVD seminar this coming Saturday for 6 weeks. The last 3 are the full BM presentation. We are doing 2 hour sessions of the 12 hour DVDs every saturday. Hopefully the first of many trainings to bring us up to speed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    He’s an amazing speaker, I’ve seen him twice. The second time I got an opportunity to speak with him after and thank him, he gave me a signed copy of his Bulletproof Mind cd.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He was on Tucker's show last night:

[video=youtube;PG4PP1rV8fk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4PP1rV8fk&t=78s[/video]

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Follow Lt Col Grossman (and the Sheepdog Seminar thing) on FB.

I have (courtesy of family LEO) - an older set of The Bullet Proof Mind (it has skips and cuts off) ...
    The new ones are not very expensive. He is dynamic and spot on.

If you get to a seminar or get to order the audio version - you'll be hooked and learn a lot probably if you've never heard them.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Here's a video where he goes through the text in CM's OP plus much more . . .

[video=youtube;kVszfcRL-e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVszfcRL-e4[/video]

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I like the message and the sentiment in the OP but i'm not as starstruck about him as some. I'm not sure he's as pro-gun as people think unless maybe he 'evolved'. For the longest time he really didn't have any use for 'civilians', doing more govt based seminars. I think he realized, hey groups of people will pay 30.00 each for these sheepdog seminars. Since I read the article he did with well known anti-gun 'researcher' Victor Strasburger i've been put off by him. The article was filled with the usual public health anti-gun nonsense which I would have hoped if someone was pro-gun could have brought some balance to it. Here's the citation:

Strasburger, V., & Grossman, D, "How Many More Columbines? What Can Pediatricians Do About School and Media Violence." Pediatric Annals, 30:2/Feb 2001.

Here was his position within the article:
    "WHAT ROLE DO GUNS PLAY? [Authors' note: VCS is strongly in favor of stricter gun control laws, DG is strictly neutral.]" Maybe he was just going for the appearance of being non-biased, hard to say. But since he's an author we have to believe he approved of the manuscript and it's contents.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    He did write the book on killing. The title, "On Killing"

I know you get get the CD's of the expanded "Bullet Proof Mind" - for Concealed Carriers - fairly inexpensively. The one's I've listened to, are older and for LEO training (where he got his start). I'll have to find the link again - it isn't a bad price.

His notes and facts - and related observations - are enlightening - even if not fully applicable to Civilian / non-LEO types.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He did write the book on killing. The title, "On Killing"

But that is for soldiers and LEO, not civvies.

I like his message for what it is. I also like others who's expertise is well respected and know their s*** regardless of their opinions on guns.

You can be anti gun and still have good ideas about what is in your wheelhouse. I dont automatically discount somebody's expert opinion simply because they dont agree with me 100% on everything. (as long as their expertise doesnt infringe on gun rights. Of course if that were the case, their expertise is flawed and I wouldnt like it anyway.)

Just because somebody like Hitler or Stalin said "the sky is blue" doesnt make their valid observation invalid based on who they are.

Top Bottom