Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 144 of 178 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1776

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    MG-42, American 180 and MAC M-11 are the only non powered guns that I've seen shoot 1200 and up.
    Now Jerry Miculek with a semi-automatic AR-15 might be able to come close. I have seen him fire 6, reload and fire 6 more from a 357 revolver in less than 3 seconds. That's a rate of 240 rounds per minute... from a revolver.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    It appears the BBC has removed this graphic from their story without a correction or any sort of note. It was there last night but it's gone this morning.

The sad part is, most of the un-informed non-gun people will believe that, just cause the media says it's true, it must be true.
    Operation Desert Storm Veteran, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, For God and Country.

User Info Menu

I am SO friggin tired of hearing the anti-gunners spew stupid incorrect "facts".
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Kurt Eichenwald approves of this message
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Here's the problem with "red flag" laws

Anyone who's put up pics on social media of their kids holding guns will be "red flagged" and have their guns—and probably their kids—taken away.

Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Here's the problem with "red flag" laws

Anyone who's put up pics on social media of their kids holding guns will be "red flagged" and have their guns—and probably their kids—taken away.

I think any potential red flag law must be first and foremost predicated on the question, "Are they breaking current laws?" Clearly, nothing about that picture would indicate that. Secondly it would have to be determined whether or not they are likely to break current laws (whether by psych evaluation or further evidence of potentially unlawful behavior). Again, that picture gives no indication of such. I think it would be a HUGE stretch for any judge or LEO to even consider that as qualifying as a "red flag".

Now, if their parent posted that picture along with a long manifesto detailing how he was training his kids to shoot (insert demographic of choice here) because (reasons), etc., then I think an argument could be made that it was at least deserving of an investigation. But that picture there? Nope, not even close.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I'm hoping this talk of red flag laws exposes the problems with them.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

We can't allow pictures of kids and families with guns... it might aid in normalizing them with the general public.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    We can't allow pictures of kids and families with guns... it might aid in normalizing them with the general public.
    Do you mean normal like asking a crazy person if they are crazy and expecting a sane answer like on the NICS?
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

And now I see the United Steel Workers union is calling for "common sense control".

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs