Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 146 of 178 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1778

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I just sent emails to both our IN Senators asking them to oppose new gun control legislation.

User Info Menu

Wrong squish Expat, he's a representative. My senators are Sherrod Brown (the Dem, wouldn't join trump in Dayton until he would because; polling) and Rob Portman (the RINO squish)

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019/...shootings.html
    Emotional Sen. Rob Portman says he hopes for gun law consensus after Dayton and El Paso shootings

Sen. Rob Portman on Tuesday described meeting with survivors of Sunday’s shootings in Dayton and watching emergency responders in hazmat suits wash blood from its sidewalks as he said the nation can no longer afford partisan deadlock on gun control legislation.

We all need to stand up against the bigotry and the hatred and the white nationalism," Portman told reporters. “We also need to figure out what happened in Dayton and why. These senseless acts of violence can be addressed by some legislation, but it’s deeper than that, obviously."
    Notice how he's already singing the white supremacy chorus, but can't figure out what happened in Dayton - likely because he can't discern which way the political winds will blow with a leftist shooter

The ROP (Republican on Paper) governor we worked to elect to get rid of that piece of **** Kasich has turned out to be a disappointment, too. He was at the end of a long career in politics and thought to be a safe choice because he wasn't thought to be worried about re-election and would have greater freedom of action therefrom. Has turned into our own personal Romney
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

https://twitter.com/StephenGutowski/...23418787721216

Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms says a top White House official reached out to him to discuss potential legislation. They talked about what gun rights proponents would support or oppose.
    Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I support enforcing what is on the books. I support holding INDIVIDUALS accountable for their actions, not an entire segment of society. I support not letting the emotion of the moment affect legislation, I support actually following the Constitution.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kdf101 View Post
    I support enforcing what is on the books. I support holding INDIVIDUALS accountable for their actions, not an entire segment of society. I support not letting the emotion of the moment affect legislation, I support actually following the Constitution.

Pick one, you can't support the constitution if you support what is on the books.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    Pick one, you can't support the constitution if you support what is on the books.
    Well, since you put it that way, machine guns for everyone! Woot!

User Info Menu

"Universal background checks" = Federal gun registration

Really shouldn't take this lightly. This, alone, would make Trump the worst 2A President in recent history... if passed.

Here's hoping it doesn't get anywhere.... Or that he knows what he's doing and doesn't plan on passing it (even though he sure is talking it up).

Registration leads to...
    Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I cant argue that I believe many of the laws on the books violate the 2nd, at least as i interpret it. I am not a huge proponent of back ground checks, but don't see how they would result in a gun registry. As far as I know, there is no registry now when they do back ground checks at the FFL. Maybe i'm wrong, but I didnt think they recorded any gun info when calling in to NICS. Im also not sure why the push for universal checks? I dont recall any of the recent shooters getting their guns from anybody but a FFL, so this universal check seems pointless to me, but I guess I usually expect that most things are pointless and meant more to get closer to their eventual goal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kdf101 View Post
    I cant argue that I believe many of the laws on the books violate the 2nd, at least as i interpret it. I am not a huge proponent of back ground checks, but don't see how they would result in a gun registry. As far as I know, there is no registry now when they do back ground checks at the FFL. Maybe i'm wrong, but I didnt think they recorded any gun info when calling in to NICS. Im also not sure why the push for universal checks? I dont recall any of the recent shooters getting their guns from anybody but a FFL, so this universal check seems pointless to me, but I guess I usually expect that most things are pointless and meant more to get closer to their eventual goal.
    It's unenforceable without a registry.

Two people do a private sale - How does anyone know? How do you make them do a now-required background check? You can't without the guns being tracked by a registry. So you go to JimBob and say "Hey where did you get that gun?", "Oh I've had it for years." UBC is meaningless without registry. The entire goal of getting UBC passed is to get a federal registry.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I am NOT advocating for universal background checks, but I disagree that it would mean having to create a gun registry. I think they will push for one, but it doesnt have to create one. People can still lie about having a gun for years even if registration is required at the time of the sell. I think that their end goal is a registry and probably a ban of some sort though.