Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 157 of 178 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1776
    Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

As has been pointed out numerous times by others, yes you CAN, LEGALLY shout "fire!" in a crowded theater.... If there is a fire and your intent is to alert people to escape.

Yes, you can LEGALLY shoot your gun in a crowded theater, too, to stop the anal orifice who is trying to kill innocents.

You don't have to use deadly force for me to use my gun. If I have reasonable suspicion that your intent is to rape my daughter, I have the right to protect her with all deliberate and necessary force.

The 3A is not in jeopardy, as it is one of the ways that the colonists knew the troop movements of the Redcoats.

I won't argue your points on the 4A, 5A, 6A, or 7A.

Perhaps in the 8A cases you mention, the bail is not required *because* it is an extreme crime (note: not "highly illegal", but rather the enormity of the circumstances do not permit a level of bail to be set, ergo "held without bond".

The 9A is working as intended. All the rights were never supposed to be written. In short, we, the people, have rights, some but not nearly all of which are listed. Life, liberty, property, and others exist that are beyond the scope of the document.
    Conversely, the 10A was written to specifically limit the powers of the government to what was defined, in writing. Again, no argument that we have gone far beyond that. The problem there is twofold: The phrasing allowing the Congress to abuse the "interstate commerce" clause was too broad, but even as wise as they were, our Founders and Framers had difficulty predicting that, and also, the view expressed by (I think) Jefferson, that the country needed a revolution about every 20 years, would have prevented the growth of the interstate commerce fiasco, but we got too good at maintaining the peace.

Note please that I am speaking historically, and am not in any way suggesting that peace, in and of itself, is a bad thing.

Blessings,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    We hear all the time that there are limits on rights and they say "You cannot shout fire in a crowded theater."

Well you cannot shoot up a crowded theater either.

You cannot threaten someone with a deadly weapon, unless they have already used deadly force against you.

You can carry your mouth anywhere you like but I am restricted in where I can carry my gun.

So far to my knowledge the third has not been abused.

The fourth has no limits unless I am suspected of or commit a crime and there is RAS, PC or a warrant.

The fifth has no limits that I am aware of.

The sixth? Star chambers like FISA and Red Flags are definitely infringements! But not legal limitations.

Trial by jury can only be waived by the accused, except in cases of FISA and Red Flag cases.

Bail is now not required at all in many locals even when the crime is a high level felony.

you can make up any right you want these days and the libs will back you to the hilt. Like, LGBTQ shall not be infringed and a woman's right to commit murder.

10 doesn't have any bearing on anything anymore.

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

User Info Menu

As to 8A Chicago and other Democrat strongholds have done away with bail for "Poor" people and are releasing them on their own recognizance. The top cop in Chicago is complaining that he cannot stop crime when they are letting thugs out on the street evenafter they have been arrested with a gun in their posession.

User Info Menu

As I was saying,

WARREN PUSHES TO ‘DECRIMINALIZE POVERTY’ BY ENDING CASH BAIL

https://thinkamericana.com/warren-pu...ing-cash-bail/

KLB

User Info Menu

What is the issue with that? You believe that someone should have to sit in jail because they cannot afford to pay bail? They haven't been convicted of anything at that point.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Bail is supposed to fit the crime charged, not the alleged perpetrators pocket book.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    Bail is supposed to fit the crime charged, not the alleged perpetrators pocket book.
    Bail isn't a schedule of punishments proportioned for being accused of ever higher crimes. They get the money back when all the court proceedings are concluded. It's supposed to fit the likelihood of the person skipping out. Usually that correlates with potential heavy circumstances for going to trial, so it's tied to the weight of the charges. The heavier the consequences, the more likely the person might skip out. But also, the accused person's past might figure into the bail amount set.

Rich people can commit murder and post any amount of bail for that. But a poor person accused of a much smaller crime, say, felony shoplifting, would have to sit in jail because they can't afford it. The bail system does discriminate against the poor. I'm not sure what is the solution for that. If the idea behind bail is to make sure the accused shows up to trial, it seems that some other way to ensure the person doesn't skip trial is possible. I haven't read Warren's suggestion so I don't know if it's bat**** crazy or not. If it's doing nothing to ensure the person doesn't skip out, that'd be bat**** crazy.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

User Info Menu

https://twitter.com/Miguelnbc/status...17394940559360

NBC is shaming a suicidal man by shining a light on how many guns he owns. Which is irrelevant, since he broke no laws, committed no crimes. Just a nonsense hit-piece.
    Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post

NBC is shaming a suicidal man by shining a light on how many guns he owns. Which is irrelevant, since he broke no laws, committed no crimes. Just a nonsense hit-piece.
    39 guns and 2K rounds?

Hell, that's barely a good boating accident.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post

Did they also list how many feet of rope he had, how many razor blades he owns, How many sleeping pills were in the medicine cabinet, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Bail isn't a schedule of punishments proportioned for being accused of ever higher crimes. They get the money back when all the court proceedings are concluded. It's supposed to fit the likelihood of the person skipping out. Usually that correlates with potential heavy circumstances for going to trial, so it's tied to the weight of the charges. The heavier the consequences, the more likely the person might skip out. But also, the accused person's past might figure into the bail amount set.

Rich people can commit murder and post any amount of bail for that. But a poor person accused of a much smaller crime, say, felony shoplifting, would have to sit in jail because they can't afford it. The bail system does discriminate against the poor. I'm not sure what is the solution for that. If the idea behind bail is to make sure the accused shows up to trial, it seems that some other way to ensure the person doesn't skip trial is possible. I haven't read Warren's suggestion so I don't know if it's bat**** crazy or not. If it's doing nothing to ensure the person doesn't skip out, that'd be bat**** crazy.
    I guess I should not have responded to the Warren story. I was really thinking more of the situation in Chicago.

Poor people have much less opportunity to skip out on bail as well. It is hard to run if you have no money. They are not just letting people charged with violent felonies out that way.

They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul