Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 33 of 182 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1819
  1. #321
    Master

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I've been watching Dr. Oz today and he had a panel including psychiatrists, criminologists and physicians, and also interviewed an FBI agent. What I heard them say was refreshing. Not ONE of these experts blamed the guns. They highlighted the state of our mental health care system, and health care in general, and how laws like HIPAA have tied both doctors' and law enforcement's hands when it comes to reporting potential mass shooters.

    One of the doctors said something to the effect of, "Sometimes we have to infringe on the rights of an individual in order to protect the community." This is the polar opposite of what the anti-gunners want to do. Instead of infringing on the rights of a person that is showing potential signs of turning violent (like most of the recent mass shooters) to protect the community, they want to infringe on the rights of (a very large part of) the community to protect a few individuals (the mass shooters). That is to say, they want to lump the millions of law-abiding gun owners in with a handful of individuals with mental issues.

    All of them agreed that the laws regarding the reporting of people with mental issues to law enforcement need to be changed, and more importantly taking action when these individuals are reported (instead of ignoring the 39 police calls and reports to the FBI as we saw with the Parkland shooter) is critical if we are to look for any real solution to these kinds of tragedies. Dr. Oz also said that the CDC needs to study ALL forms of violence, and not "block out" one certain type (so-called gun violence) to the exclusion of all others. Like I said, it was refreshing to see this side of the issue presented.
    I saw it too and I thought it was a bit refreshing. When I saw the subject of the show I thought I knew where it was going (figured it would turn to gun control) but it never did. It was a bit refreshing especially since it was on daytime tv.
    As guy with a stepson who has struggled with some mental health issues, I thought it was pretty spot on.
    I really liked how they all agreed that mental health is very complex and the meds can cause an underlying condition to be worsened and that can lead to violence when the wrong meds are prescribed. Or when a wrong diagnosis is treated, resulting in prescribing the wrong meds.

    Not a show that I normally watch but today was surprised by it

  2. #322
    Lone Ranger

    User Info Menu

    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

  3. #323
    Grandmaster actaeon277's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Hard to have an honest conversation when they do stupid pr stunts and misinformation like this

    I saw that on FB, and I was just too tired to start shooting holes in it.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

    "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

    If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs


  4. #324
    Master spec4's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Wife and I disagree. She thinks its ok for the kids to do this because they are afraid of what's going on in our country. I say they don't have to do it on school time and should be given unexcused absences.

  5. #325
    Master 87iroc's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by spec4 View Post
    Wife and I disagree. She thinks its ok for the kids to do this because they are afraid of what's going on in our country. I say they don't have to do it on school time and should be given unexcused absences.
    My wife is a teacher and her school sanctioned a walk out...but gave the kids a place to gather. She talked to them about the issue and to be ware of people who don't want to hear the other side of the argument. If they set up speakers today..if there were any, I'd be interested to know if there was anyone there besides people screaming 'ban them'.

    I am OK with them doing it as long as they are treated as any other 'the kid skipped school with no excuse' day. I suspect many got special treatment though.
    Those that say they make no mistakes....do nothing in the first place.

  6. #326
    Grandmaster actaeon277's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by spec4 View Post
    Wife and I disagree. She thinks its ok for the kids to do this because they are afraid of what's going on in our country. I say they don't have to do it on school time and should be given unexcused absences.
    If they are afraid, maybe they should be looking at facts and real data. Instead of "feelings".
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

    "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

    If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs


  7. #327
    Sharpshooter Winamac's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    If they are afraid, maybe they should be looking at facts and real data. Instead of "feelings".
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ You have hit the nail on the head^^^^^^^^^^^ I am sitting here watching TV and the media is interviewing these kids. They(kids) are thinking with feelings and emotion... not logic.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

  8. #328
    Grandmaster GodFearinGunTotin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    House Passes STOP School Violence Act | The Daily Caller

    Headline on my FB feed said it didn't include new gun control measures. Apparently the NRA is happy with it.
    INGOer #18,319

  9. #329
    Grandmaster Bennettjh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I know what would've happened if I would've walked out during class because of my feelings and the actions of some idiot.
    It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

    Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

    Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

    Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

    /l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

  10. #330
    Plinker Xterminator's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I'm tired of all these congressional meetings & nothing ever happens. Lois lerner, irs , Clintons,


Page 33 of 182 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge