• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thought I'd start a thread to discuss what we will face as a result of the recent Florida school shooting. Seems the left will exploit the youngsters to achieve their disarmament dream.

I told my wife I'd go along with "enhanced background checks" if it was accompanied with a Constitutional amendment that there will be no future anti gun laws ever. She pronounced me nuts.

Anyway, what are your thoughts as to what we will see in the next few months, how many of our conservative pols will roll over, and will anything positive like hardening the targets come out of this tragedy?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Nothing is going to happen. Trump will tweet something and the media will get distracted by Russia or whatever and move on. "Gun control" will come up every now and then but no major law changes will happen during this term. :twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gowdy is laying the groundwork for whatever he is going to do after congress. He also knows no legislation on guns will happen in the short term.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nothing is going to happen. Trump will tweet something and the media will get distracted by Russia or whatever and move on. "Gun control" will come up every now and then but no major law changes will happen during this term. :twocents:

You mean the one Trump is supporting? From multiple sources:

The White House signaled that President Trump would be open to bolstering gun background checks in the wake of a mass shooting at a Florida high school last week that rekindled the national debate about gun control.The president spoke on Friday to Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn about a bill the Texas Republican introduced with Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Connecticut) that would “improve federal compliance with criminal background check legislation,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement Monday.
    “While discussions are ongoing and revisions are being considered, the president is supportive of efforts to improve the federal background check system,” she said.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Trump has also volunteered to have a meeting with the little leftist darlings to feel their pain. Nothing good can come from that...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Wasn't improving the NICS system part of the recently shot down bill that also included national reciprocity?

How about some ACTUAL compromise. They talk about compromise a lot.....but only seem to take. So.....how about "no." That's been my answer to every person that talks to me about "common sense" reforms. I immediately tell them that it's a non-starter to even discuss their proposed restrictions without lifting the worthless SBR and suppressor laws and implementing national reciprocity. You want compromise.....there it is. You get something, and I get something too.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This being an election year those passionate on this issue should work hard and contribute deep to advance candidates that will push UK style gun confiscation programs into law. Make it a central and loud issue for the democratic party. It's how our political process works.

That said, it didn't work out so well for democrats back during the big clinton AWB. Party leadership learned to it's astonishment that very large numbers of Americans didn't care for those ideas and came out to vote against their representatives, effectively handing them their asses for listening to a shrill minority on TV.

I'll be curious to see how things turn out this time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Its about negotiations. We need to be able to say that the pimpleless kids would give in to build a wall for an AWB. All the while, we know there will be no AWB, this year anyway.

Top Bottom