• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They're Mormons. They don't need guns. The just need black slacks, white button-ups, a backpack and a clipboard; and no one is ever going to mess with them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If I understand it correctly, with permission from the school administration/board, it's legal to carry on school property in IN?

Of course, that permission is a unicorn?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    If I understand it correctly, with permission from the school administration/board, it's legal to carry on school property in IN?

Of course, that permission is a unicorn?

Provided you're legal otherwise (requires LTCH to clear USC ... sorry forget that reference)
    and a Pink Unicorn with rainbow stripes.

Though I know someone gathering petitions in their area now and going to the school board.
    The word i got back was "The Superintendent told me - no one has ever asked about it ... "

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Teachers keeping guns with them while at work is not a new idea. Not in Utah for the last 10 years anyway. Pay attention to item (4)(a) and Section 53-5-704 (Concealed Carry Permit Holders). Google it, Indiana is behind the times.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter10/76-10-S505.5.html

Um, you can do the same thing in Indiana and you could do the same thing far, far longer than 10 years. How is Indiana behind the times?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Um, you can do the same thing in Indiana and you could do the same thing far, far longer than 10 years. How is Indiana behind the times?

Utah firearm preemption statute includes public schools/universities. In IN you can ask for permission to be allowed to carry, in UT they can't tell you no. Heck you don't even have to ask in the first place. There are a couple of school districts that do regulate carry, but it is limited to a few and things like must be concealed and/or no off body carry.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I just read the linked references. Very interesting. I didn't know any state did that.

I have heard of another (state) -forget which (one) - (I am) pretty sure it was a "MAY ISSUE" state - that also was ridiculously hard to get (a permit). ... also - could have heard wrong.

ETA () filled in and that I think anyone w/ license could carry into a school .... wasn't just teacher / admin and it was anyone w/ a Permit/License.

(sorry keyboarding failure when entering original version.)

Last edited:

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    School boards in IN can designate employees as school security officers allowing them to carry concealed if they have an Indiana LTCH. I am aware of some school corporations that have implemented this, mostly very conservatively. It isn’t usually opened up to any employees, but just the ones that the superintendent decides to approach. It is also usually considered “top secret” in the education world. The vast majority of the teachers don’t even know this is happening in their building. This is for 2 reasons. First, to keep people from freaking out. Second, to keep the element of surprise. If you have 2-3 authorized ina building, you don’t want the bad guy to know who to take out first, or who to avoid.

Top Bottom