• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Excellent! If citizens of New York and Connecticut don't comply, imagine the compliance rate in red states, should this be attempted nationally.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Interesting info, it makes me wonder if any state would ever go door to door serving warrants and tossing homes.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Anti gun politicians don't care about short term compliance rates, they are in it for what they perceive as the immediate political gain, and the long term consequences to the gun culture. What good is a gun you have to keep hidden in a closet?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What good is a gun you have to keep hidden in a closet?

Read the article. It seems most are still going to the range with their unregistered "assault" rifles, and many local police/sheriff departments have said that they will refuse to enforce this particular law.

Most of my guns stay in a safe or a drawer nearly 100% of the time. Doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Let's hope we don't have to rely on enforcement descression by the police to go to the range with our "assault" rifles. I prefer to exercise my rights in accordance with the law.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Let's not forget Massachusetts and their Bump stock ban.
    Very few turned in.

I explained this to a friend who is okay with pistols (only because she needed one), but not with those "assault weapons".
    I pointed out these 3 instances and asked if she wanted to have to build all the prisons necessary, hire all the guards necessary, and pay a LOT MORE taxes because those people were going to go from taxpayers to taxpayer expenses.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Well.....considering there is no such animal as an "Assault Weapon" I can see this.

Actually there is. Proper name. The StG44 "Sturmgewehr 44" developed by the Germans near the end of WW2. Roughly translates to "Assault Rifle."

By the same logic, all tanks are Panzers, all pistols are Lugers (sorry Glock fanboys, it's a Luger, too), and in the late 60's we sent astronauts to the moon on top of a Vengeance Weapon.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Read the article. It seems most are still going to the range with their unregistered "assault" rifles, and many local police/sheriff departments have said that they will refuse to enforce this particular law.

Most of my guns stay in a safe or a drawer nearly 100% of the time. Doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose.

Try that in California. A few years back if cops saw someone shooting an AR at the range they'd step in and ask to examine the rifle to make sure it was CA-compliant. After I relocated, when the dust settled from the move I removed the KBD and am happier for it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The anti-gun libs are playing the long game. It's not worth the trouble or controversy to fight or confiscate banned weapons. The less its in the news, the less chance of stirring up opposition.

They are happy to have these "illegal guns" turned in and picked up as other circumstances bring them to light, however long that may take.

This will be how they do it everywhere, if allowed. There won't be many fights or confiscations. They are perfectly happy waiting for all of us to die, while we raise our children to be law abiding.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Let's hope we don't have to rely on enforcement descression by the police to go to the range with our "assault" rifles. I prefer to exercise my rights in accordance with the law.

I prefer that laws don't exist that put me in legal jeopardy for exercising my rights that exist regardless of government laws and regulations.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Top Bottom