• ...and so much more!
  • jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Hey guys/gals,

I am organizing a counter-protest to the Valparaiso "March for Our Lives". I already have decent traction on Facebook, but we can use all the help we can get. We will be gathering outside of the Valparaiso City Hall 10am - 1pm to hand out flyers and protest in support of our 2nd Amendment rights.

You can see the event on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1803863143248054/

This will be a CONCEALED CARRY ONLY event. We are all peaceful, law-abiding people, who are just concerned for our individual right to self-defense. We need to look peaceful (no camouflage, angry ranting, OCing, etc...).

If you can make it, and you have Facebook, please check "going" in the Facebook event. If you don't have Facebook, please DM me and let me know.

If you are in the area, we desperately need your help. WE NEED TO BE SEEN AND HEARD.

Thank you,

Jack

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So on the exact same day that kids and their families show up at the Valpo city hall, for the March for Our Lives, you think it makes sense to confront them on the courthouse steps???? That's going give terrible optics. You're not going to change anyone's mind who is attendence. Why not do it the day after, so that you have the open air to express a clear rebuttal, rather than two groups who will undoubtedly be shouting nonsense at each other. Give them their day, and then take your own.

Thats just my own opinion. Do whatever you think realistically furthers the cause. My opinion is that this does not.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    So on the exact same day that kids and their families show up at the Valpo city hall, for the March for Our Lives, you think it makes sense to confront them on the courthouse steps???? That's going give terrible optics. You're not going to change anyone's mind who is attendence. Why not do it the day after, so that you have the open air to express a clear rebuttal, rather than two groups who will undoubtedly be shouting nonsense at each other. Give them their day, and then take your own.

Thats just my own opinion. Do whatever you think realistically furthers the cause. My opinion is that this does not.

The day of the march is the only day to do it. If we were to stand out in protest on any other day, we would get ZERO attention. This is entirely peaceful. We will have families and kids as well. I am tired of letting the anti-liberty group marching around unopposed, and getting all of the press.

I am not a community organizer - trust me I would rather sit at home. But, we need to do something, and nobody suggested or organized anything else.

Like Clausewitz wisely said: "The only enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The day of the march is the only day to do it. If we were to stand out in protest on any other day, we would get ZERO attention. This is entirely peaceful. We will have families and kids as well. I am tired of letting the anti-liberty group marching around unopposed, and getting all of the press.

I am not a community organizer - trust me I would rather sit at home. But, we need to do something, and nobody suggested or organized anything else.

Like Clausewitz wisely said: "The only enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."

Fair enough. If you have no other option. Good luck.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Doubt I can be there (would be a few hour trip each way from my location) - but some tips:

1. make sure you are proper on rules / where when etc ... the last thing is for you to be an "illegal" protest

B. Leave space - you can counter but avoid them without direct confrontation - it may well be better for you.

III. The media, especially the left stream, will twist what happens; and your words if they can, to suite their perceptions.

If I think of more ...

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    29216440_1591198187642507_8984191819310956544_n.png

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Doubt I can be there (would be a few hour trip each way from my location) - but some tips:

1. make sure you are proper on rules / where when etc ... the last thing is for you to be an "illegal" protest

B. Leave space - you can counter but avoid them without direct confrontation - it may well be better for you.

III. The media, especially the left stream, will twist what happens; and your words if they can, to suite their perceptions.

If I think of more ...

I appreciate the feedback. I am certainly not a community organizer. I will be sure to make sure call the police/town to be sure we’re good to go. I definitely plan on leaving space between the groups. I don’t even want to engage them - just show them that we are here and willing to stand for our rights.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Today, my daughter stood outside and was silent for 17 minutes not in protest, but in respect for those children who were murdered in Florida.
    Kinda proud of her.
    I’m also against people murdering our children.

I dont think anyone in America is for it.

I absolutely support the upcoming march of students to raise their concerns.

If she wants to go downtown, I’ll happily drive her and her friends.

I’m compelled to support her rights to express herself and to hold her government accountable.

Hopefully, I’ve brought her up well enough to define the question and be part of the solution as she politely respects everyone else’s rights. I believe she understands what it means to find a solution that still leaves other’s rights intact. And the massive difficulty of putting in place a real solution that isn’t just feel good politics.

If you want to stage an “indiana gun owners against violence” march, I’ll be there. Because the threat of violence against me and those that I love is a large part of why I own guns and carry them.

But fundamentally, I can’t support a counter protest. I’m 100% with them on being against violence against our schoolchildren.
    My hope is that we can all have adult conversation about how to best accomplish that.

If someone wants to ban all guns, that’s a different march than this.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Today, my daughter stood outside and was silent for 17 minutes not in protest, but in respect for those children who were murdered in Florida.
    Kinda proud of her.
    I’m also against people murdering our children.

I dont think anyone in America is for it.

I absolutely support the upcoming march of students to raise their concerns.

If she wants to go downtown, I’ll happily drive her and her friends.

I’m compelled to support her rights to express herself and to hold her government accountable.

Hopefully, I’ve brought her up well enough to define the question and be part of the solution as she politely respects everyone else’s rights. I believe she understands what it means to find a solution that still leaves other’s rights intact. And the massive difficulty of putting in place a real solution that isn’t just feel good politics.

If you want to stage an “indiana gun owners against violence” march, I’ll be there. Because the threat of violence against me and those that I love is a large part of why I own guns and carry them.

But fundamentally, I can’t support a counter protest. I’m 100% with them on being against violence against our schoolchildren.
    My hope is that we can all have adult conversation about how to best accomplish that.

If someone wants to ban all guns, that’s a different march than this.

We most certainly are all against violence against children. Like you said - who wouldn’t be!

Howver, to say that this march’s primary purpose is to “protest violence against our children” is almost laughable.. The purpose of this march is to use the kids that died, and the school kids who are worked up about it, as a springboard for banning assault weapons and enacting evermore oppressive laws against the 99.9% of otherwise law-abiding gun owners.

Putting the kids at the forefront gives us the false pretense that it is just “about the children”. How many knee-jerk, garbage laws were enacted in the same fashion? The folks at Everytown, the Brady Campaign, etc. love to use emotional people as pawns in their bid for gun control.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    A FB post I found not to long ago on today's and these student activities:

My son asked if he could walk out in protest today...here's how the conversation went...
    Son: is it ok if I protest on Wednesday?
    Me: protest what? Why would you do that?
    Son: protests initiate change; they bring awareness to the issue
    Me: yes, like what...
    Son: like civil rights; people had to protest for the right to vote, etc (he went on)
    Me: that's true! Protests can be a great catalyst. So what are you protesting?
    Son: gun laws
    Me: and what are the current gun laws?
    Son: I don't know, but they need to change
    Me: how do you know that if you don't know what they are? Who makes the gun laws? Whose attention are you trying to get? State, federal, local...?
    Son: I don't know
    Me: then no, you may not protest in ignorance. You don't protest something just bc everyone else is doing it.
    What is happening in our schools is wrong, and scary, and sad, and yes, some things need to change.
    But you must educate yourself before you can be an agent of change.
    ...I'm all about protesting for change, for justice, and being passionate about a cause; I'm not about blindly following the crowd in ignorance...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm sure I'll ruffle some feathers here...

Just make sure you have the testicular fortitude to turn away any OCers/long gun carriers. That nonsense is the LAST thing we need given the proximity to the other protest in this climate.

Is it lawful? Yes. ABSOLUTELY! Does it send the wrong message to the other side, including (ESPECIALLY) the liberal, anti gun media who will spin that against us? Same answer. ABSOF***ING-LUTELY. They would have a field day exploiting it.

The last thing we need is photo ops like this. :facepalm:

Chipotle-opn-carry-demonstration-courtesy-washingtonpost.com_-500x513.jpg

I cant find it now, but there is a group photo circulating that was taken by MDA about the same time as this was taken. It looks ominous and aggressive due to how they cropped and framed it. However a photo from a different angle shows a much different story. Crap like that is what we need to avoid. We are our own worst enemy sometimes.

On a related note, thanks to Mrs. Monkey, I have tabled the "Its the bill of rights, not the bill of 'needs'!" saying until I know the argument is lost and there is no hope of changing their minds. She pointed out that it is incredibly divisive and instinctively causes the other side to shut down due to its aggressive tone. Which makes sense since we are typically dealing with snowflakes.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    To me "counter protest" interprets as "looking for a fight". I agree with Kut that the next day is a much better option for getting your message out as opposed to competing for exposure against a group which will likely be favored in any news coverage. We blast people like those pictured above then fall in line with them. I don't get it.

As for the school protests..........If kids were walking out of school for any other cause, they would be disciplined for "disrupting the educational process". However, in this case, they are "exercising their rights". Has a precedent has been set?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Props to OP.

Tired of our side backing down and avoiding "confrontation" while trying to look like "good guys" and "responsible" citizens. When dealing with leftists "good guys" / "responsible" citizens = patsies.

Free ****ing country. Protest when you want. Head on a swivel.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    To me "counter protest" interprets as "looking for a fight". I agree with Kut that the next day is a much better option for getting your message out as opposed to competing for exposure against a group which will likely be favored in any news coverage. We blast people like those pictured above then fall in line with them. I don't get it.

As for the school protests..........If kids were walking out of school for any other cause, they would be disciplined for "disrupting the educational process". However, in this case, they are "exercising their rights". Has a precedent has been set?

yes, a precedent has been set

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/393/503/case.html

Top Bottom