• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I am wondering if the children that marched and wasted 17 min. of educational time today realize how stupid it is to protest to take away a right? As I had seen one person state " What type of retard protest to have one of their constitutional rights restricted! Don't they know that this will lead to the right of free speech to be taken away."

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    At my kids school only a few students who were working with the JROTC blood drive were allowed to not participate. Since pretty much all the teachers had to go outside to supervise and guide students back to class, it sounds like there really wasn't much choice. Thankfully my daughter stayed inside with the JROTC instructors and a few like minded kids.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Neither of my kids (one college and one high school) participated in the walkout. My sons high school did allow the students to protest if they wanted, but it had to be before school or during their lunch period, and it had to be a non-disruptive activity that was sanctioned by the school (putting up posters, writing letters or petitions, etc.).

But they were clear that no protests would be allowed during class times, and any walkout would be unexcused.

Very appropriate response I think.

My daughter just waved off the protestors on Ball States campus and went on to class.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    No walk outs from the school I work at. Heard there was one request of the principal to allow it at the last minute, he asked if they had a plan, where to go, how long, who was going to be there. No plans made, so he said no, not safe.

Don

JLJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Carmel
    My kids both go to Creekside Middle School in Carmel and they said more than half of their classes walked out. My kids thought it was stupid and did not participate. Apparently the kids were not allowed to go outside. They had to stay in the cafeteria. Most just stood there and talked and admitted that they just wanted to get out of class. They weren’t really protesting anything. One friend of my sons said she walked out to honor the 17 students killed, not to protest guns. Most of these kids didn’t know what they were protesting. There are kids in that school that don’t stand for the pledge of allegiance. The teachers aren’t allowed to make them stand. Wtf??? I don’t like where society is headed. Are you proud to live in a country that has freedom or not? If you are...at least stand up and respect the flag of our country you dumbasses. For not for that flag and those that died to defend it...you would not have the freedom to protest or many other freedoms. My kids are surrounded by a bunch of entitled brat holes that idolize the wrong people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The children are the typical kind of young, ignorant, and naive. You know, children.

The adults (parents, teachers, and administration) are a special kind of stupid. Well, that or a special kind of anti-Freedom.

The kids are just being manipulated by the adults. They wouldn't be walking out unless they were encouraged by the adults in their life.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My kids both go to Creekside Middle School in Carmel and they said more than half of their classes walked out. My kids thought it was stupid and did not participate. Apparently the kids were not allowed to go outside. They had to stay in the cafeteria. Most just stood there and talked and admitted that they just wanted to get out of class. They weren’t really protesting anything. One friend of my sons said she walked out to honor the 17 students killed, not to protest guns. Most of these kids didn’t know what they were protesting. There are kids in that school that don’t stand for the pledge of allegiance. The teachers aren’t allowed to make them stand. Wtf??? I don’t like where society is headed. Are you proud to live in a country that has freedom or not? If you are...at least stand up and respect the flag of our country you dumbasses. For not for that flag and those that died to defend it...you would not have the freedom to protest or many other freedoms. My kids are surrounded by a bunch of entitled brat holes that idolize the wrong people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that age your just trying to fit in and find your place in the world. There's a whole host of reasons a student would participate, and only one of them is gun control.

Top Bottom