• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Link: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/111

I don't know what a "multi-burst trigger activator" is, but I assume they're talking about our very own (Seymour IN) FosTech and their ECHO trigger. Well, we have our state trying to put one of our own out of business it seems.

The ECHO trigger doesn't cause a "multi-burst", it's a fire on pull and fire on release trigger, something the ATF has long held isn't a machine gun. Indiana is unique in its pursuit of "multi-burst triggers" because everyone else is focused on a more nebulous ban of all "rate increasing devices".

The wording of IN's law isn't on the site linked to above. I really want to see what they are defining as a "multi-burst trigger".

Either way, PLEASE BLOW Senator Greg Taylor's phones and inbox. You can contact him here: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/legislators/legislator_greg_taylor_976/

Tim

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    This is dead. But G.Taylor is very obtuse. It is not going amywhere. Never even got a hearing.

Thanks the info will help if he is patheic enough to reintroduce it.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Link: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/111

I don't know what a "multi-burst trigger activator" is, but I assume they're talking about our very own (Seymour IN) FosTech and their ECHO trigger. Well, we have our state trying to put one of our own out of business it seems.

The ECHO trigger doesn't cause a "multi-burst", it's a fire on pull and fire on release trigger, something the ATF has long held isn't a machine gun. Indiana is unique in its pursuit of "multi-burst triggers" because everyone else is focused on a more nebulous ban of all "rate increasing devices".

The wording of IN's law isn't on the site linked to above. I really want to see what they are defining as a "multi-burst trigger".

Either way, PLEASE BLOW Senator Greg Taylor's phones and inbox. You can contact him here: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/legislators/legislator_greg_taylor_976/

Tim

Why is that, exactly? I have been wondering ever since the call to ban bump fire stocks began, that if the Republicans and/or NRA actually support banning bump fire stocks in an effort to preserve semi-autos, why are they not pushing for and writing the legislation to specifically target the "evil" bump fire stocks? Why write vague, undefined laws that could later be used to move the line farther and farther with each tragedy?

I mean, I understand why Dems would do it, but the GOP and especially the NRA should not be okay with the words "rate increasing device" in any law.

Obviously they shouldn't be okay with any new laws or restrictions. But since they are, why not try to trade them for national reciprocity and suppressors? I don't support banning them, but if they will be banned anyway, I'd rather the gun community get something out of the deal.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "It shall be illegal to be a cyborg from the future masquerading as a human..."

#Terminatorlivesmatter

Interesting point here BBI. Cyborgs from the future don't care about laws. They are here for a mission, to kill someone. Murder is against the law, they don't care. "It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity, or fear, or remorse..." Kyle Reese, The Terminator, 1984. This is where we are now, just without machines from the future.

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    #Terminatorlivesmatter

Interesting point here BBI. Cyborgs from the future don't care about laws. They are here for a mission, to kill someone. Murder is against the law, they don't care. "It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity, or fear, or remorse..." Kyle Reese, The Terminator, 1984. This is where we are now, just without machines from the future.

Or ARE WE..??????

Top Bottom